Can you id this part?

Old November 21st 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default Can you id this part?

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Pat,
> I think that is the "pressure sensor" for the "Ejection Seat" from a
> Japanese "Zero". It tells the car not to eject you if the hard top is
> on. :-) Mitsubishi had some left over after the war. :-)
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

Are you telling me that they didn't design the miata to release the seat
belts and blow the hardtop off like a jet fighter canopy during
ejection? What cheap *******s!

That's it, I am crawling into my hole and doing the research I should
have done in the first place.

G'night everyone, except for Lanny. I hope that you sleep very poorly
tonight after abusing me so. :-)

Pat
Old November 21st 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

pws > wrote in message
> This is the white 1990 that jumped a high curb, broke one wheel into
> pieces, ripped the oil pan open, bent a sway bar end link almost 45
> degrees, and shoved the steering rack into the underbody so far that it
> had to be cut off.

Did you get the parking space?

miker

Old November 21st 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> > He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it

or
> > lose it" principal on the brain cells?
> >

> Iva is now a he? When was the operation?
> Better watch it, old man. It looks like someone's gray matter is
> slipping... ;-)

And you can bet my husband is surprised! <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 21st 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Don Bruder wrote:
>Iva wrote:
> > Pat wrote:
> > >I am 99% certain that this came off of a miata, probably from under the
> > >dash. Before I go digging for part numbers, does anyone recognize what

it
> > >is?
> > >
> > > http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/miatapart.jpg
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > Sure - that's the pressure indicator switch relay for the blinker fluid.

<G>

> > Make sure you get it back into place before you need to signal a turn!

> Yeah, sure, smarty-pants... But which blinker is it for?

<Koshmodeon>Yes </Koshmode>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 21st 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

miker wrote:
> pws > wrote in message
>> This is the white 1990 that jumped a high curb, broke one wheel into
>> pieces, ripped the oil pan open, bent a sway bar end link almost 45
>> degrees, and shoved the steering rack into the underbody so far that it
>> had to be cut off.

> Did you get the parking space?
>
> miker

Yes I did.
I showed the other driver that driving a Tahoe did not give her an
automatic right to the parking space. It was well worth it and I would
do it again. ;-)

Pat
Old November 21st 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Iva wrote:
> Pat wrote:
>> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>>> He's got to leave something for Pat to figure out. Remember that "use it

> or
>>> lose it" principal on the brain cells?
>>>

>> Iva is now a he? When was the operation?
>> Better watch it, old man. It looks like someone's gray matter is
>> slipping... ;-)

> And you can bet my husband is surprised! <g>
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

"Um, Iva dear, could you please stop leaving the toilet seat up?" ;-)

Sorry,

Pat
Old November 22nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

OMG, I did it again! I'm sorry Iva. There was some other miataphile with an
unusual name that I guess I keep getting you mixed up with.

My apologies (to you Iva, not Pat. WE are still at war ........I guess
........I had forgotten that .............and hey, no no no nothing is
slipping!)

Chris
99bbb

Old November 22nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I was going to make a derogatory remark about the limited use of turnsignals
in Austin but refrained thinking you might take offence. Now I can see, you
would. I they only get used twice a week, you must not be using them. It's
more than two turns to get out of your neighborhood ;-)

Chris
99BBB(always using turnsignals!)

Old November 22nd 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I was going to make a derogatory remark about the limited use of turnsignals
> in Austin but refrained thinking you might take offence. Now I can see, you
> would. I they only get used twice a week, you must not be using them. It's
> more than two turns to get out of your neighborhood ;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB(always using turnsignals!)

I use them anytime another driver can see me about to make a turn, but I
am a rare breed around here.

Still, I do take offense anyway, as we are in a state of war, so screw
you. ;-)

Pat
Old November 22nd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Staying with that non-civil theme, I'd argue that you should use your
signals every time. Why, you ask? Glad you asked. If you only use them when
another driver can see you this implies that you're assessing each situation
and making a decision based on your perception, right? There's a big problem
there. You are human! That being a given (for the sake of argument) you are
guaranteed to make some mistakes (ie: not seeing someone in your blind spot,
maybe someone on a 100hp, 500 lb bike who got there in just under a split
second). This time is when your signal is most likely to save a life /
accident, right? Yes! The bottom line is, are you too busy to push the
lever? Too tired? Too weak? No, it's really no trouble at all (remember
those brain cells also!). Why risk an accident with the only benefit being
you get to more closely resemble a couch potatoe while driving? Come on, the
life you save might be your best budd or some other enthusiast on the road.
Heck it could be your grandma! Ok, now I've gone too far.........no more
coffee and GT4 tonight!

Chris
99BBB