Gotcha, you damn drunk driver

Old October 3rd 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Gotcha, you damn drunk driver

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> Sounds likely.

It is absolutely true. I was following her and she was doing 40-45 mph
in a 30 zone. The sad reality is that she can get away with that, but
her grandson in a much more capable car will be given the ticket just
because it is red and sporty-looking.
I don't speed very often. My last ticket was a year ago, the last one
before that was in 1996, and I haven't used a radar detector for at
least the last 12 years.
That is one speeding ticket in roughly 180,000 miles that I have driven
since 1996.
You can disbelieve that if you like, but I know that it is true.

> No doubt. I hope she understands that a car is a dangerous object
> that can do real damage if not to her, to the people around her.

Yes, she still seems to understand the world around her, better than
many people that are half or even one quarter her age.

> It would appear that this "sharp old lady" has difficulty distinguishing
> what state she is in.

No, she can tell if she is happy, angry, sad, etc. That doesn't seem to
be a problem for her... ;-)

> I wonder how long it takes until we discover that
> she also has difficulty distinguishing between the pedals on her car. It
> is all in the genes, you know.
>
> Leon

It will probably, (and hopefully), be after she stops driving.
I got most of my genes from my gramps, who smoke and drank for most of
his life and lived to be 89, never had a weight problem, and was taking
literally no medication at the age of 80. That is about the age that he
quit driving because of his eyesight going bad, and he never caused any
injury accidents.
I can only hope that the genes play a role....... :-)

Pat

YAY - Alledged drunk driver who killed charged with MURDER laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 5 July 28th 06 05:03 PM
Yet another study says CELL PHONE DRIVERS = DRUNK DRIVERS laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 23 July 6th 06 10:16 PM
Another person murdered by a speeding drunk driver wws Driving 3 November 25th 05 09:41 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! Quick sad story. 66 6F HCS Ford Mustang 4 June 18th 05 09:55 PM