Most Popular Car Color - but what's available?????

Old February 20th 05, 02:31 PM
Itsfrom Click

Default Most Popular Car Color - but what's available?????

those studies of what colors people prefer don't mean anything anymore -
because there aren't any choices anymore!!!!

for those too young to remember: years back, even the cheapest cars
gave you basic interior color choices: red, green, blue, tan/brown,
black ...then you chose cloth or vinyl. on a convert, you could have a
white, tan, black, lt blue or lt green top. the more expensive the car,
the more choices.....car makers used to advertise the thousands of
possible combinations. Packard even offerred "whitewalls" with a color
stripe to match the body color.

I think Chrysler was the first make to totally eliminate any interior
choices: they came-up with the mousie gray cloth with flecks of
green,red,yellow & blue for the Neon......only 1 interior available for
any exterior color.

The epitome was when the Lincoln LS came out: one interior (halfway
between gray and tan) to go with about 20 exterior colors that were all
gray (no blues, no reds, etc). and when the new TBird came
out.......only a solid black interior (on a ugly $40,000 car) or you
could pay thousands for some red bits thrown in. Gee, wonder why it
didn't sell ?!?! New Town Cars let you chose a couple shades of gray.

SO, the new Mustang: I'm going to order a convertible. It'll be Sonic
Blue, white, or flame red. Top choices: black or tan (no white).
Interior: all dark charcoal, tan (with BLACK trim) or gray. The red
interior trim is nice but too much black and not available with many
exterior colors. The original pics a year ago showed a blue interior
accent package, but that apparently didn't make it.

The only car made that I don't find boring, but they're doing their
best: considering that it's going to sticker for around $34,000 and
they won't be dealing.....think you could get some choices.

Old February 20th 05, 03:13 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Itsfrom Click opined in :

> those studies of what colors people prefer don't mean anything anymore -
> because there aren't any choices anymore!!!!
>

> The original pics a year ago showed a blue interior
> accent package, but that apparently didn't make it.
>
> The only car made that I don't find boring, but they're doing their
> best: considering that it's going to sticker for around $34,000 and
> they won't be dealing.....think you could get some choices.

Oh, yeah... I love it when I'm looking for my next beater and all I can find
is freaking BLUE interiors...

Of course it does make the car go cheap, cause no one else likes a used car
with a blue interior, either.

Old February 20th 05, 04:18 PM
Itsfrom Click

backyard:

'course, location and climate enter into it, too. Freezing up north, a
red interior is nice. Ya don't want red where you've got a lot of sun -
it fades. SIlver & white hide dust & dirt. Black shows every speck.

guess I still haven't gotten over my '62 500XL convert: white on white
with blue, tinted glass, 390. sigh sigh

Old February 20th 05, 05:52 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Itsfrom Click opined
> guess I still haven't gotten over my '62 500XL convert: white on white
> with blue, tinted glass, 390. sigh sigh

Oh, those were nice... along with the 62 Impala the best of class in the
early sixties.