Roll Bars???

Old July 22nd 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

Default Roll Bars???

pws > wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>
>> Can you clarify this?
>>
>> Leon

>Over $1500.00 total on the exhaust, that is if you don't count the turbo
>manifold, then it breaks $2100.00, or about half the blue book value of
>the car at the time.
>The previous owner was a real spender.

Not to mention an idiot? $1500 on an exhaust?? Even I can install
those in a few hours.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old July 23rd 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> Not to mention an idiot? $1500 on an exhaust?? Even I can install
> those in a few hours.
>
> Leon

Not this one.

Custom downpipe by Corky Bell with flex sections and wastegate joined in
at the catalytic converter.
The receipt including the flex sections, etc. comes out to over
$1000.000, then there is the Enthusa Racing Exhaust, the Mazda Racing 3"
catalytic converter, and the exhaust temp sensor and gauge. Closer to
$1600.00.

The exhaust is 3" all the way and it barely fits. It looks like it was a
job to get it hooked up, I wouldn't want to mess with it.

11.75 hours does seem like a lot, and this guy spent a ton of money on
the car before selling it, even doing things like a $350.00
performance-cut valve job, a port & polish, etc., but he wasn't wasteful
from what I can tell, just a perfectionist.

Pat
Old July 23rd 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Brian[_9_]

Default Music Videos

pws wrote:
> XS11E wrote:
>
>> Gotta give Michael Jackson credit for making music videos what they
>> are today, "Thriller" was amazing when compared with other videos of
>> it's time.
>> I'm not much of a fan of his but that video did influence future music
>> videos.

> You mean like this one??????? ;-)
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdz38TIwqIQ

They have way too much time on their hands.
Old July 24th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>
>> Not to mention an idiot? $1500 on an exhaust?? Even I can install
>> those in a few hours.
>>
>> Leon

>Not this one.
>
>Custom downpipe by Corky Bell with flex sections and wastegate joined in
>at the catalytic converter.
>The receipt including the flex sections, etc. comes out to over
>$1000.000, then there is the Enthusa Racing Exhaust, the Mazda Racing 3"
>catalytic converter, and the exhaust temp sensor and gauge. Closer to
>$1600.00.
>
>The exhaust is 3" all the way and it barely fits. It looks like it was a
>job to get it hooked up, I wouldn't want to mess with it.
>
>11.75 hours does seem like a lot, and this guy spent a ton of money on
>the car before selling it, even doing things like a $350.00
>performance-cut valve job, a port & polish, etc., but he wasn't wasteful
>from what I can tell, just a perfectionist.

OK. It did seem incredible at first thought. But I can understand
perfectionism.

Leon

Old July 24th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> OK. It did seem incredible at first thought. But I can understand
> perfectionism.
>
> Leon

Heh, I went ahead and scanned the invoice for the heck of it. It was
actually 12.37 hours of labor, my memory is failing, so it was more
expensive than I thought.

It was also done 3 years ago today, interesting.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/invoice.jpg

Pat
Old July 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default Music Videos (was: Roll Bars???) Absolutely NMC

XS11E wrote:
> pws wrote:
> > You mean like this one??????? ;-)
> >
> > http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdz38TIwqIQ

> Cool, you filmed a meeting of Iva's club celebrating the

installation
> of a roll bar! <G>

You do realize that now you've discovered our secret Roll Bar
Installation Celebration Dance, we're going to have to kill you. <G>

I saw lots of different bars on Miatas this Monday and Tuesday up at
Pocono Raceway. It was the 10th anniversary DelVal track days and I
was *very* pleasantly surprised at how well Vixen held the road
despite the pouring rain on Monday! I kept trying to get the back
end to break loose and it never did. She was smooth as silk on the
curves and really kicked butt on the straights and in the bowl. I had
a VERY big grin at the end of the 2-day event.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old July 26th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Iva" .> wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> pws wrote:
>> > You mean like this one??????? ;-)
>> >
>> > http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdz38TIwqIQ

>> Cool, you filmed a meeting of Iva's club celebrating the
>> installation of a roll bar! <G>

> You do realize that now you've discovered our secret Roll Bar
> Installation Celebration Dance, we're going to have to kill you.

You can't catch me, I have a WHITE Miata!

Leon explains:
"It is the preferred color everywhere. It looks better, is easier
to maintain, and goes faster because of less photon drag and
improved aerodynamics."

Roll Bars? Bruce Yettra Mazda 19 April 21st 07 04:14 PM
Seat Belts and roll bars Chip Jeep 0 February 9th 06 01:20 AM
Convertible Roll over bars - windshield frame Mr.X Technology 13 January 22nd 06 07:14 PM
roll bars dave Mazda 13 December 26th 05 08:23 PM
E39 540iA ('00): Eibach / Dinan Anti-roll Bars Ken R. BMW 0 May 17th 05 05:39 PM