timing belt install

Old May 9th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default timing belt install

Hi,

I am putting together my wife's 95 m-ed and find the timing belt to be a
pain...the exhauste will stay put in the correct postion but the intake
is pushing the valves open and I end up with slack between the cam
gears. any hints?
also te factory manual says to align the intake w/ the "E" on the gear
and exhaust the "I". is that correct or a misprint>

tia,
peter
Old May 9th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

peter wrote:
> Hi,

snip
> also te factory manual says to align the intake w/ the "E" on the gear
> and exhaust the "I". is that correct or a misprint>

i gotta have a margaritta...I misread the diagram. the "E" on the
intake side does match up if you put the "I" at 12 o'clock.

Old May 9th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

peter > wrote:

> peter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> snip
>> also te factory manual says to align the intake w/ the "E" on the
>> gear and exhaust the "I". is that correct or a misprint>

> i gotta have a margaritta...I misread the diagram. the "E" on the
> intake side does match up if you put the "I" at 12 o'clock.

Have several margaritas, it's easier when there are two or more "E"s
and two or more "I"s. <G>

Old May 10th 07, 08:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

"XS11E" > wrote in message
.. .
> peter > wrote:
>
>> peter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>> snip
>>> also te factory manual says to align the intake w/ the "E" on the
>>> gear and exhaust the "I". is that correct or a misprint>

>> i gotta have a margaritta...I misread the diagram. the "E" on the
>> intake side does match up if you put the "I" at 12 o'clock.

> Have several margaritas, it's easier when there are two or more "E"s
> and two or more "I"s. <G>

Or use your I's to locate someone called Margarita & drop a couple of E's.
Won't fix your Miata, byt you will care less.

Old May 12th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I love this group :-)
Bunch-o-nuts!

Chris