Route recommendations - Austin to Seattle

Old March 23rd 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Default Route recommendations - Austin to Seattle

Hi Pat,

Yes, I live about 10 miles North of there. I will send you my Phone # in
an Email. Drop me an E-mail when you ata going to come up and I will get
with you.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old March 23rd 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Not crazy, just achingly, mindblowingly scenic. Even if there's snow, it
> should be plowed.

Excellent!

> The crazy one is US191 in eastern Arizona, a bit far out of your way and
> possibly iffy before late spring. If you get into trouble there, it
> could be a long time before the next vehicle comes along, even in summer.

Ahhh, now I remember.

You saw the specs on my car, do you think I should expect any trouble on
the trip? Low-grade gas problems? Anything like that?

I may roll on the stock 15 inch alloys and have the SSRs shipped
afterwards. I will want a second set of wheels for snow tires anyway if
I stay up there.

Thanks!

Pat
Old March 23rd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Hi Pat,
>
> Yes, I live about 10 miles North of there. I will send you my Phone # in
> an Email. Drop me an E-mail when you ata going to come up and I will get
> with you.
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

Gonna meet another r.a.m.m. member, cool, especially after being so
coldly rejected by Carol.

Now let's talk housing. You wouldn't happen to have a spare bedroom
would you? Rent free would be great! ;-)

I'll give you a call.

Thanks!

Pat
Old March 23rd 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

One way? Spare bedroom? You leavin' Austin then Pat? (Sounds like it should
be a country song :-))

Eric

Old March 23rd 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> You saw the specs on my car, do you think I should expect any trouble on
> the trip? Low-grade gas problems? Anything like that?

Nah. Remember, though: high-altitude gas is lower octane, so don't fill
up just before you drop back down below 5000'.
Old March 23rd 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Eric Baber wrote:
> One way? Spare bedroom? You leavin' Austin then Pat? (Sounds like it should
> be a country song :-))
>
> Eric

It sure looks like it. A couple of friends are saying no way will I do
it, it looks like it is time to surprise them.

I didn't get an answer from Bruce, so I am assuming that it is a go with
the bedroom at his place. I hope he can cook... ;-)

Pat
Old March 23rd 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

No, not much room at my place. Only 2 bedrooms and our pet Mountain Lion
sleeps in one of them. "Jasper" is a good boy and he walks on a leash.
He keeps most of the local dogs ont of the yard. :-) The good thing is,
our "pet control" lady likes him so she doesn't tell too many people we
have him ! :-) I don't think he would go along with a guy from Texas
wanting to move him over. ( Oh yes, buy the way he snoors. It's not too
bad now that we sound proofed the room. )

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old March 23rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> I don't even know why I am thinking about it, the answer is
> obvious, I'll tear it apart and sell the pieces.....

Are you out of your %#$@% mind? You've got the critter exactly the way
you want it, KEEP IT!

You'll never own another car that's exactly what you want. I sold a
car years back that I shouldn't have and have never stopped regretting
it...

Old March 23rd 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> especially after being so coldly rejected by Carol.

I told you to start using deodorant! ;-)
Old March 23rd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Nah. Remember, though: high-altitude gas is lower octane, so don't fill
> up just before you drop back down below 5000'.

Thanks, I had not thought about that. This here flatlander has only been
above 5,000 feet a few times.

Pat

Which route is this? Carl Rogers Driving 1 February 1st 07 08:23 AM
Good mechanic in the Seattle / north of Seattle area? Jacqueline Passey Honda 0 November 15th 06 09:40 PM
Following old Route 66 bessie Driving 13 July 28th 06 06:43 PM
STL to ATL alternate route [email protected] Driving 3 February 21st 06 02:48 PM
Route 23 Honda - NJ - Where is the SERVICE??? [email protected] Honda 2 September 20th 05 05:43 AM