People lusting over my 1984 Capri RS 5.0

Old August 25th 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

Default People lusting over my 1984 Capri RS 5.0

OK, the car has less than 68,000 miles, stored winters, and it's
in very nice original condition. It's my "baby".
At a recent family gathering, my son mentioned that my grandson
would be turning 16 soon and would need a car, and it would be
nice if I gave my grandson the Capri. I think my son was just
trying to irritate me, and I mentioned that it wouldn't happen
in my lifetime. In a year or so when we purchase another car,
I'd be happy to give my grandson our 98 Ford Escort.

I'm almost 70 years old, but I haven't forgotten how to shift
a 5 speed.

Dick in MN
Old August 26th 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 25, 3:22*pm, Dickr > wrote:
> OK, the car has less than 68,000 miles, stored winters, and it's
> in very nice original condition. It's my "baby".
> At a recent family gathering, my son mentioned that my grandson
> would be turning 16 soon and would need a car, and it would be
> nice if I gave my grandson the Capri.

Tell your son it would also be nice if he gave HIS car to your
grandson/his son.

> I think my son was just
> trying to irritate me, and I mentioned that it wouldn't happen
> in my lifetime.

Or you could have said: You'll have 'pry the keys from my cold, dead
hands.'

>In a year or so when we purchase another car,
> I'd be happy to give my grandson our 98 Ford Escort.

> I'm almost 70 years old, but I haven't forgotten how to shift
> a 5 speed.

Good for you, Dick. Make those youngsters jealous!

Patrick

Old August 26th 11, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 8/25/2011 6:20 PM, wrote:
> On Aug 25, 3:22 pm, > wrote:
>> OK, the car has less than 68,000 miles, stored winters, and it's
>> in very nice original condition. It's my "baby".
>> At a recent family gathering, my son mentioned that my grandson
>> would be turning 16 soon and would need a car, and it would be
>> nice if I gave my grandson the Capri.

> Tell your son it would also be nice if he gave HIS car to your
> grandson/his son.
>
>> I think my son was just
>> trying to irritate me, and I mentioned that it wouldn't happen
>> in my lifetime.

> Or you could have said: You'll have 'pry the keys from my cold, dead
> hands.'
>
>> In a year or so when we purchase another car,
>> I'd be happy to give my grandson our 98 Ford Escort.

>> I'm almost 70 years old, but I haven't forgotten how to shift
>> a 5 speed.

> Good for you, Dick. Make those youngsters jealous!
>
> Patrick

That Capri is how I retain memories of cars I had in my youth (Chev 409,
Camaro). I guess I'm not the only one, because summer in Minnesota
brings out many beautiful older cars, hot rods, etc. driven by senior
citizens. As in "Look at that old fart driving that cool car!".

I did give my son our 95 Ford van when we purchased our 2010 Ford Flex.

We're retired people who don't have to drive on a daily commute, and
some may ask why we have 3 cars. Why not?

Dick
Old August 26th 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 8/25/2011 15:22, Dickr wrote:
> OK, the car has less than 68,000 miles, stored winters, and it's
> in very nice original condition. It's my "baby".
> At a recent family gathering, my son mentioned that my grandson
> would be turning 16 soon and would need a car, and it would be
> nice if I gave my grandson the Capri. I think my son was just
> trying to irritate me, and I mentioned that it wouldn't happen
> in my lifetime. In a year or so when we purchase another car,
> I'd be happy to give my grandson our 98 Ford Escort.
>
> I'm almost 70 years old, but I haven't forgotten how to shift
> a 5 speed.
>
> Dick in MN

"You know, I brought you in this world I can take you out and that
kid is 16 now, he CAN make it the rest of the way without you..."