New Cobra

Old March 20th 05, 12:11 AM
RichA

Default New Cobra

Supposedly, 450hp. That's the latest claim.
-Rich
Old March 20th 05, 03:17 AM
RichA

:

http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...cobra_main.htm
Old March 20th 05, 09:24 AM

Would be cool... given the 03/04's were at ~425 I sure don't see 450 being a
problem. BUT.. I can only hope. I have heard both "yes there will be one"
and "no there won't be one".. so I don't necessarily EXPECT one, but I do
HOPE there is one at the LATEST 2007 model.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old March 20th 05, 12:51 PM
SVTKate

I think that when Ford announces it's intent, THEN it will be something to
be half assed believed.

.. .

Old March 20th 05, 06:06 PM
Joe

at least large SUV sales are down.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/12/Autos/gas_prices.reut/

http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/17/pf/autos/suvs_gas/

Old March 20th 05, 08:08 PM
RichA

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:51:59 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>I think that when Ford announces it's intent, THEN it will be something to
>be half assed believed.

I know the Mustang itself is a cornerstone of Ford.
They'll sell something like 200,000 this year which will
be worth around $5 billion. Ford also makes good profits
off them, especially when they charge 10%+ interest rates
when you lease a V8 from them directly. But what was the
profitability of the SVT division? Is boosting the number of models
the way to make it into something it isn't/wasn't right now?
-Rich
Old March 21st 05, 02:52 AM
Rein

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:21:47 -0500, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:24:45 GMT, > wrote
>something wonderfully witty:
>
>>Would be cool... given the 03/04's were at ~425 I sure don't see 450 being a
>>problem. BUT.. I can only hope. I have heard both "yes there will be one"
>>and "no there won't be one".. so I don't necessarily EXPECT one, but I do
>>HOPE there is one at the LATEST 2007 model.
>>
>>-Mike
>>

>I'm sitting here thinking, which I know can be a dangerous thing to do
>but I'm doing it anyhow. With the current rise in gas prices and the
>future outlook rather bleak for any relief that the decision to go
>back to a four cylinder model maybe more forthcoming then any large
>increases in HP and fuel consumption.

Well, that does make sense, but the market seems to say differently.
Just look at all the high powered cars coming out right now.
Then again, it could all collapse at once and these cars would be
worthless except for some limited produced cars.
You'd find suv's rotting away in backyards. :-)
Old March 21st 05, 09:13 PM
Chris Shea

i'll add to this rumor mill (and that of course is all it is at this
point).......

latest ive just heard:

- based on 5.0 cammer engine (4 valves)
- supercharged
- solid axle

sounds SWEET!

chris
04 comp orange cobra vert

Old March 21st 05, 10:31 PM
Brent P

In article >, Chris Shea wrote:
> latest ive just heard:

> - solid axle

Ford refusing to give the cobra what it puts in a standard base model
family sedan in austrailia. figures.

Old March 22nd 05, 01:07 AM
RayS

There's supposed to be a version of the upcoming Cobra at next week's New
York auto show. Should be interesting to see what they put out there.

--
RayS
2001 Mustang GT Bullitt #3320