Driving Issues

Old December 30th 04, 09:54 AM
Joe P.

Default Driving Issues

Being that i am new to the message board i figured that i would spend
some time reading the older comments that have been left on here and i
am relizing that there are many different perspectivet hat people have
on the issues of driving on the Highways and Byways of America. Also i
have see all the different types of people that everyone has been
mentioning. IE. grandmas that are looking through the steering wheel,
to the big Of's that drive big trucks to compensate for things that are
lacking in there life. Personally I have seen many different ideas that
have been tossed around between people about how to take care of the
problems, but i think that the one that would work the best the already
have in place in some of the states, and that is retesting at an age
that the state sets. unfortunately it is optional and if you pass you
get an insurance discount, that and it is at the age of 65-80.
personally by that age the habits that they have gotten so far
ingrained into them that they would barely pass if they passed at all.
I say that they have manditory retesting every 10 years, that way it
keeps people on there toes and makes sure that they don't start
developing the bad habits that everyone sees now day. Also the highway
patrols need to start inforcing the underspeed limit, where as, if a
person driving is possing an imenant danger to them and the people on
the road around them that they get a fine imposed on them, and they
have there licenses made invalid for a week. i could keep going on with
all kinds of ideas of all the different ways that America could improve
its roads by getting rid of the habits that everyone develops while
they grow older in years and experience driving. But unfortunately I am
also noticing that the government is starting to take notice of the
problem, and are thinking that the setup that britain has works really
well for them. That is the points system, how it works is that every
traffic infraction is assest a point value and that goes onto your
record everytime that you screw up and do something wrong. once you
reach a certain point level, not only do you end up paying fines but
you also end up paying to put your self through a driving school that
is a two weeks long, so not only are you out money but your time also.
Then you have to pass with a certain score to be able to retest to get
your license back, and if you don't get that score, well they would put
it, "Your ass be riding the bus for a year, Chap." anyways i will leave
it at that for now, and see what everyone thinks of my views on this
issue.

Old December 30th 04, 11:02 PM
Alexander Rogge

> I say that they have manditory retesting every 10 years, that way it
> keeps people on there toes and makes sure that they don't start
> developing the bad habits that everyone sees now day.

How about proper driver training?

> Also the highway
> patrols need to start inforcing the underspeed limit, where as, if a
> person driving is possing an imenant danger to them and the people on
> the road around them that they get a fine imposed on them, and they
> have there licenses made invalid for a week.

Error: statement does not parse.

> i could keep going on with
> all kinds of ideas of all the different ways that America could improve
> its roads by getting rid of the habits that everyone develops while
> they grow older in years and experience driving.

Have you considered proper driver training and a better public transit
system?
Old December 30th 04, 11:02 PM
Alexander Rogge

Old December 31st 04, 05:16 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

The solution to all the deadly drivers on our highways is prison time.
If you are found to be the cause of a fatal crash, then you should go
to prison for at least 20 years. Hey - you KILLED someone. I'm sick of
all this criminal coddling.

And we need mandatory license suspension for those caught at
non-accident moving violations. Again - i'm sick of all this criminal
coddling.

Old December 31st 04, 06:37 AM

That's right, especially if you're caught doing 41 in a 25mph school
zone, moron.

Old December 31st 04, 06:37 AM

Old December 31st 04, 07:06 AM
Paul

"Alexander Rogge" > wrote in message
> > I say that they have manditory retesting every 10 years, that way it
> > keeps people on there toes and makes sure that they don't start
> > developing the bad habits that everyone sees now day.

> How about proper driver training?

That would be too logical an answer for some around here...

Old December 31st 04, 07:06 AM
Paul

Old December 31st 04, 08:34 AM
Joe P.

Have you considered proper driver training and a better public transit
system?

Yes, i have, and i have been to one of those schools. lucky for me it
was paid for by someone else, mainly because it cost about $250 for the
three day session. But it re-teaches you driving essentails but you are
doing over 150 on a road track not 55 of the freeway. i really did
learn a lot.