2000 Accord -- Clutch play nut; where to tighten

Old September 6th 12, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2000 Accord -- Clutch play nut; where to tighten

Thanks jim beam and tww1491:

Well as I had mentioned my CITGO gas station mechanic first changed the slave ($200+) which didn't fix the problem. Next he changed the master (another $300+) and now the car runs OK. Total cost $538.

I looked at the removed parts. The slave looked rusted and old but the master looked just like a new part since it was under the dash board with access from the firewall under the hood.

Well the original problem was clutch pedal seizing and staying at the bottom to the floor. It was not retrieving back with clutch fluid hydraulic pressure. I am wondering whether just changing the master would have fixed the whole problem. I mentioned it to the moron and he said that slave is old and bleeding is not possible, I also wonder if just changing the clutch fluid fixed it all ?? I've changed all the fluids under the hood @60,000 miles except the clutch fluid, which was almost dark in color. (I have never changed clutch fluid since I purchased the car new.)

I am happy the car runs now. I could not take it to Honda dealer since it involves getting it off from CITGO bay and towing it to the dealer 2miles away.

I will get my timing belt, H2O pump and belts replaced at the Honda dealer with OEM parts only. Thanks to all for your thoughts and inputs.
Old September 6th 12, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
SadaYama

[...]

Also, there was no leakage at the slave and also at the master and no smell of any hydraulic fluid inside the car but the clutch pedal lost it's pressure. :-{