High RPM at start up/then occilates

Old November 17th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default High RPM at start up/then occilates

I recently bought a '90 honda accord. It 'had' a bad vibration at
idle, so replaced the dogbone in the front (torn rubber element) to no
avail. Then changed out the rear motor/xmission mount (what a bear)
as it was the most probable cause and found it was indeed damaged. Of
course to do this I removed the intake manifold, so had to refill the
coolant, replaced the gasket etc. Now the engine revs up to 3500 and
back down to around 800 and then goes through the cylce again. I've
triple checked vacuum runs to make sure I didn't swap something,
checked for cracked vac hoses. Can anyone suggest
something...please...I've about run out of patience.
Old November 18th 11, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
HondaTech327

On Nov 16, 5:43*pm, wrote:
> I recently bought a '90 honda accord. *It 'had' a bad vibration at
> idle, so replaced the dogbone in the front (torn rubber element) to no
> avail. *Then changed out the rear motor/xmission mount (what a bear)
> as it was the most probable cause and found it was indeed damaged. *Of
> course to do this I removed the intake manifold, so had to refill the
> coolant, replaced the gasket etc. *Now the engine revs up to 3500 and
> back down to around 800 and then goes through the cylce again. *I've
> triple checked vacuum runs to make sure I didn't swap something,
> checked for cracked vac hoses. *Can anyone suggest
> something...please...I've about run out of patience.

Sounds like a big vacuum leak. You can tru looking for internal leaks
by checking the egr and pcv systems. Also if everything is hooked up
properly again. if you need diagrams I can help.
lemme know
hondatech327

high rpm at stop gilmoreguy Technology 2 September 23rd 07 03:51 AM
Engine runs at high RPM's waveone VW water cooled 1 August 5th 06 09:45 AM
High RPM at start & won't start after warmed up sharpie Saturn 3 January 2nd 06 03:21 AM
High rpm on S4 S4fan Audi 7 May 26th 05 06:22 PM
High RPM's with 33's and AMC V8 QuickTruck Jeep 4 March 4th 05 05:25 PM