Universal Corp - in business?

Old January 10th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Universal Corp - in business?

Years back I acquired a CDI from Universal Corp of Grand Junction, CO.
Which worked great on my former ACVW. I attempted to reach Universal
with the phone number listed on various web sites, only to find that
the number is now a private residence (970-242-5267).

If Universal is no longer in business, would someone care to recommend
a CDI box which isn't over-priced and loaded with unnecessary features
(dancing status lights, rated for 8K rpm, ...)

Thanks.

JJ

Old January 10th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

74 Daily Driver wrote:

> Years back I acquired a CDI from Universal Corp of Grand Junction, CO.
> Which worked great on my former ACVW. I attempted to reach Universal
> with the phone number listed on various web sites, only to find that
> the number is now a private residence (970-242-5267).
>
> If Universal is no longer in business, would someone care to recommend
> a CDI box which isn't over-priced and loaded with unnecessary features
> (dancing status lights, rated for 8K rpm, ...)
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

About so seconds of GOOGLE time:

http://universal-co.com/index.aspx

Old January 10th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

In your opinion, is Universal CDI box better than the Mallory or MSD basic
units?

om...

Old January 10th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> About so seconds of GOOGLE time:

> http://universal-co.com/index.aspx

Be nice. About a year ago I attempted to locate this business - also
without any luck. Turns out that JJ was likely doing the same
searching as I; attempting to locate the business in Grand Junction,
CO. Turns out that the company moved to another city and was no longer
in Grand Junction. No amount of searching for the business in Grand
Junction was going to be successful. I even paid for a call to
directory assistance, who were also unsuccessful in locating a business
by that name. And I can't tell how many variations on 'Universal dot
com' I attempted. Although it never ocurred to me to use the syntax
'universal-co'.

Old January 10th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

>> About so seconds of GOOGLE time:

>> http://universal-co.com/index.aspx

> Be nice. About a year ago I attempted to locate this business - also
> without any luck. Turns out that JJ was likely doing the same
> searching as I; attempting to locate the business in Grand Junction,
> CO. Turns out that the company moved to another city and was no longer
> in Grand Junction.

That answers it. Try as I might I could not locate that company. Not
to mention the number of businesses with "universal" in their name.
Trust me, this is not an uncommon term. Quite a while back I gave up
trying and decided that they must be out of business.

Old January 10th 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Just an opinion" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> ............ And I can't tell how many variations on 'Universal dot
> com' I attempted. Although it never ocurred to me to use the syntax
> 'universal-co'.

..................If you use 'universal +cdi' in your google search, you can
still find this outfit on the 1st page of the search results. Their location
now is maybe 40 miles away from Grand Junction. Google is easy enough but
you have to forget about specific municipalities if there's any chance that
a small business like this has relocated....even in the same region from one
town or village to another one nearby.

...........In many years here at RAMVA, your the only person that I know of
who has tried to get Speedy Jim to 'lighten up'. You get a pass on it this
time.

Old January 10th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Tim Rogers wrote:
<SNIP>
> .................If you use 'universal +cdi' in your google search,

And that is *exactly* the phrase I used! Ha!

No rudeness intended. It was just a light-hearted posting...

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old January 14th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> Tim Rogers wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
>> .................If you use 'universal +cdi' in your google search,

> And that is *exactly* the phrase I used! Ha!
>
> No rudeness intended. It was just a light-hearted posting...
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Is the correct company name not "Universial Industries" ??

J.