Steam Stinks!!!!

Old December 10th 09, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Schwartz Jr

Default Steam Stinks!!!!

Trying to run a little GTR Evo offline and I can't launch the game because
the servers are busy! My first and last game that needs steam to run. It's
been 2 days now what a joke.

Old December 10th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Boofhead[_2_]

Launch the game in offline mode. That's how I've always played steam games.
No need to be online.

Old December 10th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Schwartz Jr

Says I have to be online.

Old December 10th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Cronos

Don Schwartz Jr wrote:
> Trying to run a little GTR Evo offline and I can't launch the game because
> the servers are busy! My first and last game that needs steam to run. It's
> been 2 days now what a joke.

Servers busy for 2 days? How is that possible when I just downloaded
Dirt2 yesterday and have had no problem playing it and connecting to any
servers? I think you issue is something else, firewall and/or router
perhaps.
Old December 11th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:54:25 -0500, Don Schwartz Jr wrote:
> Says I have to be online.
>
> "Boofhead" > wrote in message

Happens to me all the time, too. I launch GTR Evo maybe twice a year,
and every time I do, I'm downloading updates to steam and the game,
and it usually takes around 30 Minutes before I'm in the cockpit.

cheers, uwe

Old December 11th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Schwartz Jr

I had to uninstall steam then reinstall which deleted my games too so I
spent 10 1/2 hours while steam downloaded the games.
Don

Old December 24th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Cronos

Don Schwartz Jr wrote:
> I had to uninstall steam then reinstall which deleted my games too so I
> spent 10 1/2 hours while steam downloaded the games.
> Don

Next time backup your steam game folder. Reinstall Steam then restore
your backed up folder and let Steam update itself.
Old February 2nd 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
raamman

On Dec 9 2009, 7:43*pm, "Don Schwartz Jr"
> wrote:
> Trying to run a little GTR Evo offline and I can't launch the game because
> the servers are busy! My first and last game that needs steam to run. It's
> been 2 days now what a joke.

maybe you should investigate if you have a connectivity issue
Old February 4th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Cronos

raamman wrote:
> On Dec 9 2009, 7:43 pm, "Don Schwartz Jr"
> > wrote:
>> Trying to run a little GTR Evo offline and I can't launch the game because
>> the servers are busy! My first and last game that needs steam to run. It's
>> been 2 days now what a joke.

> maybe you should investigate if you have a connectivity issue

The funny thing is he doesn't need Internet to run GTR Evo even with
Steam. Just go to file and tell Steam to run in offline mode, that's
assuming he has got it past the first activation. If it's been 2 days
though then obviously the issue is at his end and not Steam.

Air con stinks Audi A4 Andy Audi 6 August 12th 07 10:16 PM
aluminum heater core stinks Thater VW water cooled 10 November 22nd 04 09:45 PM