'02 Stratus headlight bulb replacement

Old December 16th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
justlarry

Default '02 Stratus headlight bulb replacement

Am attempting to replace the headlight bulb on a 2002 Stratus. Followed
instructions in the owner's manual...removed appropriate screws and plastic
anchors, and gently pried the headlamp away from the fender to release
another plastic anchor, but still cannot free the headlamp assembly away
from the car. The assembly moves but seems to be caught on something around
the fiberglass bumper. Afraid to put too much pressure in case I fubar
something.

Before I give up and go to the dealer, what am I doing wrong? Many thanks.

--
Hard work pays off in the future, but laziness pays off now -
Garrison Keillor

Old December 18th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Dec 16, 2:06 pm, "justlarry" <n3wmgATexciteDOTcom> wrote:
> Am attempting to replace the headlight bulb on a 2002 Stratus. Followed
> instructions in the owner's manual...removed appropriate screws and plastic
> anchors, and gently pried the headlamp away from the fender to release
> another plastic anchor, but still cannot free the headlamp assembly away
> from the car. The assembly moves but seems to be caught on something around
> the fiberglass bumper. Afraid to put too much pressure in case I fubar
> something.
>
> Before I give up and go to the dealer, what am I doing wrong? Many thanks.

If the 2002 is similar to my 1998, gentle prying should snap the light
housing loose from the
housing mount. Once loose, it should be possible to pull the housing
out far enough to
rotate the socket to remove the bulb.

I can't imagine what it would be getting hung up on.

-KM

Old December 18th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
justlarry

Thanks for the reply. I finally gave up and took it to my back-up shop, who
replaced the bulb (using the one I had purchased) and put everything back
together for me. Didn't get to ask the mechanic exactly how he did it, or
what magic tool he used to pry the headlight out of there. Anyway, it's
good to go for now.

oups.com...