156 Headlight bulb replacement

Old October 12th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Bill[_9_]

Default 156 Headlight bulb replacement

All

156 JTD 20v multijet

Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)

cheers

Bill
Old October 12th 06, 09:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Bill wrote:
> All
>
> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>
> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
> light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)

Get an Octopus

Seriously there are two 'caps' The sidelight is the one nearer the
middle of the car. It should unscrew about a quarter turn and come
free. Then use your octopus to reach into the hole and grab the bulb
holder which has an impracticably small plastic tab to grip. The reason
it is so small becomes apparent when trying to withdraw it. If it was
any bigger, it wouldn't fit through the hole left by the cap. Not that
that is really relevant because you won't be able to keep hold of it and
get your fingers back out. Bit like a monkey puzzle really

In fact it pulls straight out, but make sure you are pulling
horizontally and dead straight with respect to the car.

Re-fitting is the reverse of removal.

Of course, this assumes that they haven't changed the design.....

HTH

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 12th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Hans de Heer

catman wrote:
> Bit like a monkey
> puzzle really

On the upside: it's much easier than on a Renault Modus...

http://www.modus-forum.de/forum/view...=953&highlight

Cheers, Hans

Old October 13th 06, 06:54 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Hans de Heer wrote:
> catman wrote:
>> Bit like a monkey
>> puzzle really

> On the upside: it's much easier than on a Renault Modus...
>
> http://www.modus-forum.de/forum/view...=953&highlight

Having read the pictures as it were

Bloody *Hell*

Old October 13th 06, 07:18 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 05:54:11 GMT, catman
> wrote:

>Having read the pictures as it were
>
>Bloody *Hell*

Seconded!!! Nice design Renault.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old October 13th 06, 10:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"Bill" > wrote in message
> All
>
> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>
> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
> light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)

I don't mean to offend or start an argument, but what's a parking light? My
156 has sidelights, indicator lights, headlights, brakelights, reversing
lights, front and rear fog lights, but no parking lights!

Old October 13th 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

GT wrote:
> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> All
>>
>> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>>
>> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
>> light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)

> I don't mean to offend or start an argument, but what's a parking light? My
> 156 has sidelights, indicator lights, headlights, brakelights, reversing
> lights, front and rear fog lights, but no parking lights!

Same as side lights. If yours is the same as mine, there is a button on
the ignition switch and another position past 'STOP' marked (oddly)
'PARK' Press the button, turn to 'PARK' and your sidelight (possibly
only the OS in the UK spec will come on)

Old October 13th 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 05:54:11 GMT, catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Having read the pictures as it were
>>
>> Bloody *Hell*

> Seconded!!! Nice design Renault.

Didn't one of the old 911s require that you removed the engine to change
the oil filter?

Old October 13th 06, 02:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Bill wrote:
> All
>
> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>
> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
> light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)
>

> cheers
>
> Bill

Same hellish job as on the 147! My dealer replaced a headlight bulb on
mine during an MOT and phoned me to say they ruined the headlight
fitting and it would have to be replaced. Funny, they had to take the
bumper off to replace a headlight!!!!

It's tricky but I managed it myself on the other side. I had to use a
small mirror to see the plastic bulb fitting when trying to fit it back
into place.

Old October 13th 06, 02:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

davea wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>> All
>>
>> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>>
>> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the
>> parking light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in
>> the UK)
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> Bill

> Same hellish job as on the 147! My dealer replaced a headlight bulb on
> mine during an MOT and phoned me to say they ruined the headlight
> fitting and it would have to be replaced. Funny, they had to take the
> bumper off to replace a headlight!!!!
>
> It's tricky but I managed it myself on the other side. I had to use a
> small mirror to see the plastic bulb fitting when trying to fit it
> back into place.

I'm quite a dab hand at mine now - still not easy though... (I had the
dealer replace a bulb once as I just couldn't budge the holder - it took
them an hour too!)