TJ Soft-top

Old October 27th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
dwk

Default TJ Soft-top

Time to replace the original soft top on my '97 TJ.........is "Bestop" the
OEM supplier? Will a Bestop replacement form Essentials be a perfect fit?
I need the whole shebang......top and all windows and panels.

Old October 27th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jerry Slaughter

"dwk" > wrote in message
. ..
> Time to replace the original soft top on my '97 TJ.........is "Bestop" the
> OEM supplier? Will a Bestop replacement form Essentials be a perfect fit?
> I need the whole shebang......top and all windows and panels.

Check ebay. I found OEM top and windows last year for my TJ for pretty good
prices. All new, never used. Saved a bunch over dealer cost or buying from
other vendors.

Jerry S.

99 TJ Sport (recently sold)
07 JK Rubicon

Old October 27th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Another place to look is on the various Jeep forums.
Most have a "For Sale" section. Often you can get a good buy on one. If
you're a member of a Club, often times vendors offer discounts to club
members too.

Kate

. ..

Old October 29th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore[_2_]

dwk wrote:
> Time to replace the original soft top on my '97 TJ.........is "Bestop" the
> OEM supplier? Will a Bestop replacement form Essentials be a perfect fit?
> I need the whole shebang......top and all windows and panels.

I got a Replace a top from Bestop. Used the old hardware.

-Scott

'97 TJ SE
Old October 30th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jo Baggs[_2_]

I just bought a Bestop Soft-top for my CJ-7. Tinted windows, very nice.
They make a quality product. You cant buy from the factory. You have to buy
from a retailer.

I bought mine from Jeep Top Depot. I never heard of them until I did a
search for Bestop soft-tops. They had the best price, plus Bestop is always
advertising rebates.

. ..

Old November 12th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Don[_22_]

On Oct 29, 7:49*pm, "Jo Baggs" > wrote:
> I just bought a Bestop Soft-top for my CJ-7. *Tinted windows, very nice..
> They make a quality product. You cant buy from the factory. *You have to buy
> from a retailer.
>
> I bought mine from Jeep Top Depot. *I never heard of them until I did a
> search for Bestop soft-tops. *They had the best price, plus Bestop is always
> advertising rebates.
>
> "dwk" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>
> > Time to replace the original soft top on my '97 TJ.........is "Bestop" the
> > OEM supplier? *Will a Bestop replacement form Essentials be a perfect fit?
> > I need the whole shebang......top and all windows and panels.

> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I bought the Pavement Ends Replace-a-Top for mine, got a great price
on it. I like it better than both the factory top and the Bestop
Replace-a-Top because the stitching around the window zippers isn't so
close to the edge if the little flaps. This gives you a little more
room to work, and makes it easier to put the windows back in.

Soft Top denis roy Jeep 1 December 8th 07 04:38 AM
Soft Top Joe Carroll Jeep 2 May 9th 05 09:30 PM
04 Soft Top fs Chuck Jeep 4 April 20th 05 11:45 PM
AR 156 Soft McGreg Alfa Romeo 0 March 31st 05 09:53 AM
MGB soft top [email protected] Antique cars 1 March 28th 05 08:57 PM