Trip and hmmmmm......

Old March 24th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Trip and hmmmmm......

But guys, there are always more efficient / less efficient ways to expend
said energy. You don't have to blast it all out at once creating a hi
performance experience, it could be more 'trickled out' to keep the gas
engine from running so much. Lanny seem to understand where I was trying to
go with this. Let the electric only help out to the point of ~10 second 0-60
time and that leaves that much more energy still stored up to keep the gas
engine off more or longer. IMHO they are missing out on a rather large group
of people who'd like to be as efficient as possible and could easily live
with even 11 or even 12 second 0-60 sprints. Most non turbo diesels are
still pretty darn slow right?

Chris
99BBB

Old March 24th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Marc Gerges

Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

> But guys, there are always more efficient / less efficient ways to expend
> said energy. You don't have to blast it all out at once creating a hi
> performance experience, it could be more 'trickled out' to keep the gas
> engine from running so much. Lanny seem to understand where I was trying to
> go with this. Let the electric only help out to the point of ~10 second 0-60
> time and that leaves that much more energy still stored up to keep the gas
> engine off more or longer.

There's already a way of doing this, at least in my Prius. It involves
not putting the pedal to the metal all the time.

Works surprisingly well. :-)

cu
.\\arc
Old March 25th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Leave it up to us consumers ! Aaaaaarrrgghhh, we can't be trusted! Just
kidding, you both make a good point. I guess I just find it hard to believe
that they couldn't finagle considerably better mileage if they'd used
gearing / electronics that yielded reasonable performance instead of
exceptional. If they think the consumer has to have that high performance in
order to drop cash for the hybrid, I'm betting they are wrong. However,
since it's their cash that's being bet, they've made the trade-offs they no
doubt see fit.

Chris
99BBB

Trip Thomas Avery Driving 1 December 29th 06 05:32 PM
Trip through NO ? Old & in the way.... Corvette 7 October 15th 06 06:21 PM
Things that make you go hmmmmm KJ.Kate Jeep 6 December 27th 05 10:14 PM
mexico trip jbratton Jeep 0 June 26th 05 03:47 PM
big trip miletwo 4x4 7 October 16th 04 04:17 AM