cleaning engine compartment

Old March 20th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default cleaning engine compartment

Hi,

Any good ideas/suggestions on cleaning up an emgine compartment while
the drive train is out? I dont have a floor drain or the ability to
deal with lots of degreesers.
Tia,
peter
Old March 20th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

peter > wrote:

> Any good ideas/suggestions on cleaning up an emgine compartment
> while the drive train is out? I dont have a floor drain or the
> ability to deal with lots of degreesers.

Consider towing the car to a local do-it-yourself carwash that has a
bay for engine cleaning.

Old March 20th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

XS11E wrote:
> peter > wrote:
>
>> Any good ideas/suggestions on cleaning up an emgine compartment
>> while the drive train is out? I dont have a floor drain or the
>> ability to deal with lots of degreesers.

> Consider towing the car to a local do-it-yourself carwash that has a
> bay for engine cleaning.

no real good way to tow it....
Old March 20th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

peter > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> peter > wrote:
>>
>>> Any good ideas/suggestions on cleaning up an emgine compartment
>>> while the drive train is out? I dont have a floor drain or the
>>> ability to deal with lots of degreesers.

>> Consider towing the car to a local do-it-yourself carwash that
>> has a bay for engine cleaning.
>>

> no real good way to tow it....

Build a harness for your pet hamster? It was just a suggestion.

Since you don't have a floor drain I'd suggest not degreasing it at
all. I don't know your situation but for some of us cleaning an engine
in the driveway would cause as much as 2 years of sleeping on the
couch!

Old March 21st 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I've got a decent idea, whoa, 2, this is scary!
Option #1: Simple green (quite a good degreaser and still biodegradable) I'd
spray it on everything and if you can't spray water, waste a sponge and just
sponge everything down. Put newspaper underneath if you need to guard
against stains / spills (are you doing this in someone's living room?
Renters !?#$!
Option #2: Spray everything down with WD-40 (the stuff is the do all cleaner
extraordinary) and use terrycloth towels to wipe everything down.

I can't help you with the pet hamster harness, that's out of my league ;-)

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB

.. .