Roll bar for Track Day

Old March 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
G. Mack

Default Roll bar for Track Day

I wanted to attend open track days and driving schools at some local
tracks, but they require a roll bar to be installed. I was looking at
the Hard Dog bars, and the Deuce looks the nicest, but is it allowed
on the track? The Ace and Hard Core seem like they're design for more
serious applications, but they are pretty ugly and partially blocks
the rear view mirror. I'm open to other brands beside Hard Dog, but
the ability to operate my soft top is a major consideration.

My local tracks are Laguna Seca, Infineon, and Thunderhill.

Thanks

Old March 28th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article . com>,
"G. Mack" > wrote:

> I was looking at
> the Hard Dog bars, and the Deuce looks the nicest, but is it allowed
> on the track?

Depends on the organizers. If they require SCCA approval, you'll need
one of the Hard Core series. The Sport often sneaks by with optional
bracing.
Old March 29th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Besides meeting the SCCA specs, there is also a Miata Spec class. It depends
on what you want to do with the car.
Some of the approved roll bars will allow both the soft top and the
detachable Hard top to be used.
The down side is that the height of the rollbar is lower.

ups.com...

Old March 29th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

"G. Mack" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I wanted to attend open track days and driving schools at some local
> tracks, but they require a roll bar to be installed. I was looking at
> the Hard Dog bars, and the Deuce looks the nicest, but is it allowed
> on the track? The Ace and Hard Core seem like they're design for more
> serious applications, but they are pretty ugly and partially blocks
> the rear view mirror. I'm open to other brands beside Hard Dog, but
> the ability to operate my soft top is a major consideration.
>
> My local tracks are Laguna Seca, Infineon, and Thunderhill.
>
> Thanks

You're a lucky man!

Chris
99BBB

Old March 29th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
G. Mack

After farther research, it seems the Boss Frog Double Max would fit my
criteria very well. It's SCCA approved, so that means it's good for
track day and driving school, but not racing. Racing requires a roll
cage, but I'm still too early in this sport to worry about that. It
seems to be better to purchase a car already setup for Spec racing
than to convert one. You would at least save on all the time and
labor.

roll bars dave Mazda 13 December 26th 05 07:23 PM
on a roll... N8N Driving 20 October 27th 05 05:09 PM
How to Roll a GTI (Serious Question) Becky Carter Hickman-Jones VW water cooled 4 May 21st 05 03:09 PM
05 GT windows roll down with Fob or not... Jeepers! Ford Mustang 8 April 21st 05 04:00 PM
Best Roll bar for MS Miata Me Mazda 11 October 30th 04 12:15 AM