CR-V shopping

Old November 17th 09, 06:39 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default CR-V shopping

Thus spake News > :

>Dillon Pyron wrote:
>> Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :
>>

>>> On 11/10/09 6:21 AM, in article
>>> , "News" >

>> <major snip>

>>> Speaking as a CR-V owner, I don't agree with those assertions, at least not
>>> when comparing the CR-V to other SUVs. The CR-V rides much more car-like
>>> than my Pathfinder and I don't know what you mean by "darty". We've driven
>>> it cross country several times at sustained highway speeds, 70 to 80 MPH.
>>> It drives straight effortlessly. Nothing "darty" about it.

>> The CR-V is "darty" and "skittish" mainly due to it's short WB. Which
>> is more noticeable on grooved roads. But the above two terms are
>> relative. What is "darty" to one person may be "quick" to another. I
>> road race for a guy who changes the WB of the car (Atlantic) depending
>> on the track. Long, gentle track, long wheelbase. Tight, twisty
>> track, short WB.
>>
>>> My only two complaints are the road noise (its tire noise transmitted
>>> through the suspension, not wind) and the too small gas tank, both of which
>>> seem to be Honda traits, not just with the CR-V.

>>> That I agree with. Most versatile enclosed vehicle (open pickup still wins
>>> this category) I've owned.
>>>

>Safe to say he wouldn't choose the SWB F-Atlantic for use on an Interstate.

Nope. Speaking of long WB, back in the mid-70s when I was drag
racing, a particularly long fueler was 220-230 inches. Now they run
over 300. Fuel Aletered had roughly 115 inch WB and were incredible
to watch.

No, SWB would scare me.

TOTALLY OT speaking of short wheel base on the street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dGoZs_tZh8
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to
let you make your second shot perfect."

-- Lazurus Long
Old November 26th 09, 02:39 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"Dillon Pyron" > wrote in message
> Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :
>

>>On 11/10/09 6:21 AM, in article
, "News" >
>>wrote:

> <major snip>
>

>>> The CR-V is s short wheelbase, stiffly sprung car that is quite darty
>>> and busy on the highway, especially over expansion joints.

>>Speaking as a CR-V owner, I don't agree with those assertions, at least
>>not
>>when comparing the CR-V to other SUVs. The CR-V rides much more car-like
>>than my Pathfinder and I don't know what you mean by "darty". We've
>>driven
>>it cross country several times at sustained highway speeds, 70 to 80 MPH.
>>It drives straight effortlessly. Nothing "darty" about it.

> The CR-V is "darty" and "skittish" mainly due to it's short WB. Which
> is more noticeable on grooved roads. But the above two terms are
> relative. What is "darty" to one person may be "quick" to another. I
> road race for a guy who changes the WB of the car (Atlantic) depending
> on the track. Long, gentle track, long wheelbase. Tight, twisty
> track, short WB.
>

>>My only two complaints are the road noise (its tire noise transmitted
>>through the suspension, not wind) and the too small gas tank, both of
>>which
>>seem to be Honda traits, not just with the CR-V.
>>

>>> Great on back roads though, and around town, as a hauler.

>>That I agree with. Most versatile enclosed vehicle (open pickup still
>>wins
>>this category) I've owned.
>>

> --
>
> - dillon I am not invalid
>
> "Always shoot first. At the very least you'll
> distract the guy enough to make the second one count"
> -- Lazurus Long

The Sunbeam Tiger I had years ago was somewhat darty...86" wheelbase and the
modified Ford 260 did'nt help either when you got on it. Great in
autocrosses though. Compared with that, our 09 CRV is a pussycat.

tire shopping pws[_1_] Mazda 16 January 12th 09 11:18 PM
I'm going car shopping again today Paddy's Pig[_3_] Auto Photos 6 February 7th 08 06:47 AM
Shopping for a Car Madhur VW water cooled 0 June 1st 07 10:22 AM
Shopping for a Car Madhur General 0 June 1st 07 10:19 AM
GT shopping timJ Ford Mustang 1 December 13th 06 11:21 PM