1954 MG TF - S. Florida Service & Oil Leak

Old June 7th 05, 05:02 PM
Machine

Default 1954 MG TF - S. Florida Service & Oil Leak

I just inherited a 1954 MG TF (1250cc)

1) Does anyone know of a reputable British Sports Car service shop in the
South Florida (Fort Lauderdale Area)

2) I have an oil leak. The leak only occurs right after I turn off the
motor and the leak stops a few minutes after the motor stops running.
During one instance, the car idled rough (after being driven for 15 min.),
died and then the leaking proceeded ... then ceased.
I can see droplets coming from under the oil filter (were the filter spins
onto the "pump").

This just started to happen.
Maybe there is something I do not know about driving the car. A "quirk", if
you will, about keeping the rpms up while idling, to keep the oil pressure
up? hhmmm

I've had the car less than a week. It was professionally transported from
California to South Florida. It was serviced before I received it and the
service included an oil & oil filter change.

My grandfather bought it 6 months used in 1954, my father took over
ownership/care until he passed this last December. Now I am starting to
care for the care and do not have any intimate knowledge about the care or
quirks of the car. Though I do want to learn as I am planning to keep the
car in our family.

It has been in our family for over 50 years.

Thank You in advance for any suggestions.

Mark Graham