Window Sash

Old July 26th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
\Harry Smith\

Default Window Sash

Hello all,

Just a quick question for you knowledgable folk. I ordered new window
seals for my 1974 Beetle. I did one door and everything went fine,
except I must not have put the window back glass into the sash (I
believe that is the word for the metal channel that holds it)
correctly because the glass has come loose from it. The car has one
piece windows and the regulator with two tracks. When I took it apart
the glass seemed to just be crimped to the sash with a piece of rubber
sheeting between the glass & metal. What's the trick for getting it
to stay together?

Thanks,
Harry
Old July 26th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

On Jul 25, 10:17*pm, "\"Harry Smith\"" > wrote:
> Hello all,

*What's the trick for getting it
> to stay together?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

This link might help:
http://www.vw-resource.com/door_window.html
Old July 27th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
\Harry Smith\

On Jul 26, 2:46*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:

> * This link might help:http://www.vw-resource.com/door_window.html

Thanks for the reply. That page doesn't seem to address my problem
though. The glass has come loose from the metal channel that mounts it
to the regulator. I suppose I can just use a healthy dose of glue on
it, but I was hoping someone would have a recommendation as to what
kind, etc.

Thanks,
Harry
Old July 27th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:59:12 +0200, "Harry Smith" >
wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2:46 pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
>>
>> This link might help:http://www.vw-resource.com/door_window.html

> Thanks for the reply. That page doesn't seem to address my problem
> though. The glass has come loose from the metal channel that mounts it
> to the regulator. I suppose I can just use a healthy dose of glue on
> it, but I was hoping someone would have a recommendation as to what
> kind, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

Use black glass glue of the type they use for front windshields on modern
cars. Has the same consistency as silicone.

J.