moved to VA

Old July 29th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

Default moved to VA

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

> Saw the same (?) bear again on our yard the other day, like 2pm. Our
> landlord was here fixing the washer hookup, he went to his car to get
> his 9mm Glock and fired a couple of rounds in the woods, where the bear
> ran off to. I doubt he hit him.

What an utterly stupid thing to do. No target - no shoot. Hell, by some
remote chance someone could be out there. And the 9mm is just a toy
intended for two-legged targets.
Old July 29th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jul 29, 9:25*am, John Stafford > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Jan Andersson > wrote:
>
> > Saw the same (?) bear again on our yard the other day, like 2pm. Our
> > landlord was here fixing the washer hookup, he went to his car to get
> > his 9mm Glock and fired a couple of rounds in the woods, where the bear
> > ran off to. I doubt he hit him.

> What an utterly stupid thing to do. No target - no shoot. Hell, by some
> remote chance someone could be out there. And the 9mm is just a toy
> intended for two-legged targets.

I agree. Shooting a 9mm at a BEAR??? And at a bear you can't even
see? What a 'tard.
Old July 29th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

On Jul 29, 8:54*am, Shag > wrote:

> I agree. *Shooting a 9mm at a BEAR??? *And at a bear you can't even
> see? *What a 'tard.

I've used my 9 to scare a bear off before but I sure didn't shoot at
it, just
close by. I also knew exactly where the bear was, about 90 ft in
front of me
standing at my fence and he was PO'd to say the least. He had alread
touched
the fence and got about a 10K volt shock and he didn't like it a
bit. The 9 ran
him off far enough for me to run like hell and get out of there. I
was running 1
way, my dogs headed for the bear and the bear headed back for the
woods.
Old July 31st 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article
Randy > wrote:

> [...] I
> was running 1
> way, my dogs headed for the bear and the bear headed back for the
> woods.

Randy, were your pyrenees involved? There was a great video of three
Great Pyrenees taking on a brown bear (Grizzly!). They each took turns
harassing him with bites to the legs and ass. He couldn't touch any of
them. Eventually, he ran away - fast. They work great in teams.
Old August 1st 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

On Jul 31, 9:58*am, John Stafford > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Randy > wrote:
> > [...] *I
> > was running 1
> > way, my dogs headed for the bear and the bear headed back for the
> > woods.

> Randy, were your pyrenees involved? *There was a great video of three
> Great Pyrenees taking on a brown bear (Grizzly!). They each took turns
> harassing him with bites to the legs and ass. He couldn't touch any of
> them. Eventually, he ran away - fast. They work great in teams.

Yep, and they did exactly as you mentioned.
That's the 2nd time they have save my butt from a bear.