Comcast Dropping Usenet

Old September 20th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam[_2_]

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.

Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

Old September 20th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

nospam wrote:
> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

Are you able to post through Google?
Old September 21st 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Erik[_4_]

In article >,
"nospam" > wrote:

> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
>
> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
>
> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

Yes, you can search, read and post via Google... might be a little more
hassle, but not all that bad, and it's free.

http://groups.google.com

Many people now use Google as their only access to the newsgroups.

Good Luck!

Erik
Old September 21st 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Lenker

Verizon dropped all "ALT" groups, now only carries COMP.*, HUMANITIES.*,
MISC.*, NEWS.*, REC.*, SCI.*, SOC.* and TALK.* newsgroups. Thank Andrew
Cuomo for suing ISPs purported to be carrying kiddie porn. They got nervous
and dropped all newsgroups that weren't one of the "safe" ones listed above.
Or dropped NG's all together. So banishing thousands of relevant, useful,
CLEAN groups is apparently the effective way to deal with the less than 1%
of the groups that are the ones causing the issue. Farking brilliant. I
lost access to alt.guitar.bass and alt.autos.volvo amongst others.
I use Google now, it's not that much of a PITA. When it's the only game in
town, you get used to it.
There are free newsgroup carriers out there that you can use with your news
client of choice, but their performance and content is often lacking.

mkl

. ..

Old September 21st 08, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"nospam" > wrote in message
. ..
> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
>
> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
>
> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

Again... Go to motzarella.org and get yourself set up with a free newsgroup
account. You don't have to miss a thing, and it will work just as well as
Comcast with your Outlook Express.

dwight

Old September 21st 08, 04:13 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Erik wrote:
> In article >,
> "nospam" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
>>
>> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
>>
>> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

> Yes, you can search, read and post via Google... might be a little more
> hassle, but not all that bad, and it's free.
>
> http://groups.google.com
>
> Many people now use Google as their only access to the newsgroups.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Erik

Actually, it *is* all that bad. There's plenty of other alternatives.

--

"Don't argue what you don't understand" - Johnny Rebel

Old September 21st 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
FanJet

"nospam" > wrote in message
. ..
> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
>
> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
>
> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

You ought to drop a note to the idiots in Albany.

Old September 21st 08, 04:36 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kenneth Zinger

Time Warner did the same thing. I told their door-to-door rep that as a
result, I would never open an account with them. Also emailed the CEO to
let them know they lost a potential customer.

. ..

Old September 21st 08, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark M[_2_]

I use news.motzarella.org when embarq drobbed their news server and
it works well.

Mark

Old September 21st 08, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> "nospam" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/
>>
>> I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.
>>
>> Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

> Again... Go to motzarella.org and get yourself set up with a free
> newsgroup account. You don't have to miss a thing, and it will work just
> as well as Comcast with your Outlook Express.

Thanks for the link. What is the Outgoing Server SMTP setting for this
server? I didn't see it listed anywhere.

A Wee Bit Of Usenet Humour: usenet-server-retention.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_10_] Auto Photos 0 April 17th 08 06:42 AM
Dropping MPG [email protected] Jeep 26 October 11th 06 12:15 PM
Oil pressure dropping gmc_man30 Technology 1 September 7th 06 10:35 PM
dropping it in da" weeds charlottes ave Ford Mustang 5 February 6th 05 11:51 PM
Gas prices aren't dropping P-u-h-e-k BMW 23 October 30th 04 03:32 PM