FUEL CELL - HYDROGEN FUTURE

Old March 21st 05, 02:37 PM
Mark Levitski

Default FUEL CELL - HYDROGEN FUTURE

I want to let you know my current car is the LAST gasoline car I ever owned.
Next is hydrogen, 500 GM people and uniknown # of FORD people are working
day and night to bring hydro future ASAP, they replied to my emails but of
course no exact dates due to trade secrets, already Ford operates hydrogen
fleet in CA, Michigan and FL, the p0roblem now is INFRASTRUCTURE.

Stop complaining about $2 gas, I am mentally prepared for $6!! Single
people driving SUV's should be penalized exponentially for being dumb, if
you got a family i understand, if you';er alone most of the time driving
stupid Hammer or regular SUV you should have stupidity tax. My little 2004
Nissan Sentra now makes 40mpg+ due to unloading unnecessary weight, I
removed spare tire as I am covered by 3 years Nissan roadside assiatnce but
that's not an option for used cars going out of the city out of the easy
reach of repair crews Ii had only ione flat shortly after leaving dealer
with a new car, LOL... was so excited I ran over a broken glass bottle not
caring...) and they arrived in 40 mins, fixed everything, anyway removed
rear driver's side seat (not passenger, to distrbute weight evenly), revode
passenger visor, jack, empty trunk etc

Just to show how insane we become as gas prices go up i will soon need to
remove engine!

Old March 22nd 05, 12:46 AM
pater

It ain't rocket science. Hydrogen engines were developed 60 or 70
years ago. The magnitude of it's impact on a global economy centered
around the oil industry was it's only unadmitted downfall. I'm glad to
see it's making a comeback, of sorts.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:33 PM
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

pater wrote:
> It ain't rocket science. Hydrogen engines were developed 60 or 70
> years ago. The magnitude of it's impact on a global economy centered
> around the oil industry was it's only unadmitted downfall. I'm glad to
> see it's making a comeback, of sorts.

Only problem is, hydrogen is not a signficant source of fuel. There is
very little hydrogen available on this planet. Sure, there is lots
around in space, but the cost of gathering it there is exorbinate.

How do you get hydrogen without using significant amounts of fossil fuel
in the first place? Most hydrogen today is made from natural gas or
other fossil fuels.

Hydrogen engines do certainly go way back. I think they had Diesels
running on it around 1900. Agreed that it is not rocket science to make
an engine that will run on it. I think all research today should be
aimed at finding a way to GENERATE hydrogen economically and
environmentally friendly, not on more ways to use hydrogen if we somehow
had a way to get it.
Old March 22nd 05, 04:08 PM
Jan Kalin

In article >, Don Stauffer in Minneapolis wrote:
>pater wrote:
>> It ain't rocket science. Hydrogen engines were developed 60 or 70
>> years ago. The magnitude of it's impact on a global economy centered
>> around the oil industry was it's only unadmitted downfall. I'm glad to
>> see it's making a comeback, of sorts.
>>

>Only problem is, hydrogen is not a signficant source of fuel. There is
>very little hydrogen available on this planet. Sure, there is lots
>around in space, but the cost of gathering it there is exorbinate.
>
>How do you get hydrogen without using significant amounts of fossil fuel
>in the first place? Most hydrogen today is made from natural gas or
>other fossil fuels.
>
>Hydrogen engines do certainly go way back. I think they had Diesels
>running on it around 1900. Agreed that it is not rocket science to make
>an engine that will run on it. I think all research today should be
>aimed at finding a way to GENERATE hydrogen economically and
>environmentally friendly, not on more ways to use hydrogen if we somehow
>had a way to get it.

Exactly what I've been talking about elsewhere. Hydrogen only stores
energy, much as a battery stores energy. Currently I don't see any other
means in producing it in quantities that could replace oil other than
nuclear energy.

--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng/, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"
Old March 22nd 05, 10:10 PM
Richard

"Don Stauffer in Minneapolis" > wrote in message
> pater wrote:
>> It ain't rocket science. Hydrogen engines were developed 60 or 70
>> years ago. The magnitude of it's impact on a global economy centered
>> around the oil industry was it's only unadmitted downfall. I'm glad to
>> see it's making a comeback, of sorts.
>>

> Only problem is, hydrogen is not a signficant source of fuel. There is
> very little hydrogen available on this planet. Sure, there is lots around
> in space, but the cost of gathering it there is exorbinate.
>
> How do you get hydrogen without using significant amounts of fossil fuel
> in the first place? Most hydrogen today is made from natural gas or other
> fossil fuels.
>
> Hydrogen engines do certainly go way back. I think they had Diesels
> running on it around 1900. Agreed that it is not rocket science to make
> an engine that will run on it. I think all research today should be aimed
> at finding a way to GENERATE hydrogen economically and environmentally
> friendly, not on more ways to use hydrogen if we somehow had a way to get
> it.

All you need is electricity (solar, windmill, hydro) and water.
Burning hydrogen only creates steam.
Isn't the bigger danger storage? (Hindenburg)

Old March 23rd 05, 12:55 AM
++ killinchy ++

Mark Levitski wrote:
> I want to let you know my current car is the LAST gasoline car I ever
> owned. Next is hydrogen, 500 GM people and uniknown # of FORD people
> are working day and night to bring hydro future ASAP, they replied to
> my emails but of course no exact dates due to trade secrets, already
> Ford operates hydrogen fleet in CA, Michigan and FL, the p0roblem now
> is INFRASTRUCTURE. snip

There's an article in the March 2005 Scientific American that you might wish
to read. The outlook is not rosy.

Old March 23rd 05, 12:14 PM
Marco Licetti

You're not an engineer. It's not the same Hydrogen scheme from 60 years
ago, fuel cells have NOTHING to do with 60 year agom they were trying to
BURB hydrogen then and now we dont we suck energy as a result of chemical
reaction less violent than burning, it's a slow energy release converrted
into electricty to run clean engines. ok

Old March 23rd 05, 12:15 PM
Marco Licetti

ANother moron!! DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL??
Hydrogen is THEE MOST ABUNDANT ELELMENT ON TH EPLANET< *uck, people dont
have any education on this board

Old March 23rd 05, 12:15 PM
Marco Licetti

Hydrogen is relesead from oceanic water, enough for 10000 years of energy,
hydrogen powers most of the stars

Old March 23rd 05, 12:30 PM
Marco Licetti

WHat are you talking about?? Wind, solar, perhaps CORN OIL? That is
precisely "not enough", hydrogen is in fact "enough" You people confuse
everything, you say there's a shortage of hydrogen but "wind" is OK.

Goto school. Hydrogen is in trillions of tons it's oceanic water, it's thee
most abundant element and cars will run on it. REMEMBER MY WORDS 3-5 YEARS
FROM NOW