Question about pads and rotors on ebay

Old August 24th 04, 05:12 AM

Default Question about pads and rotors on ebay

Reposting as people probably thought this was an add based on original
subject line:

Does anybody have any recommendations or comments to make rotor/pad
deals on ebay?

They have some great deals on pads and rotors for my 96 C4 - approx
$200 +/-. for a set of all four. (erotorshop, etop line, US Rotors,
others). Here's a sample url:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=33564

I went back to the mechanic that gave me a high estimate for replacing
the set and he agreed that I could supply the parts and he would
charge me $250 for labor. A little high but much more reasonable than
his $800 price for parts. He also suggested I get the caliper kits in
case the seals need replacing. But I don't find those on ebay and
that would be another $120 at Ecklers. Is that reasonable?
Old August 26th 04, 02:25 PM

Do you know anything about rotors and pads deals on ebay? Nobody's
responding to this question. I'm wondering if that is a 'taboo' thing
to do - ie. go to ebay to buy Corvette parts?

I plan on being there when they replace the rotors and pads so I'll
see if I learn more about how this happened. The car is in the
northeast and we've had a couple hard winters and I do drive it during
the winter as long as there is no snow on the street as the car has
virtually no traction. I'm surprised it doesn't fly off the track
sometimes<g>. To top it off, we've done some home remodelling and the
car hasn't been garaged for a while so I guess the tires could have
been sitting in snow a while without me realizing it.

E46 Rotors/Pads Bmrdude BMW 24 October 28th 04 05:43 PM
E38 740i 1996 -- front end "shimmy" when braking. Could it be JUST the rotors? Hugh Gundersen BMW 2 September 20th 04 06:53 PM
Rotors and pads on ebay [email protected] Corvette 2 September 18th 04 06:24 PM
C4 brakes and rotors [email protected] Corvette 11 August 24th 04 07:29 PM