Round two of repair the beater coming up.

Old May 30th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You

Default Round two of repair the beater coming up.

I just got my parts today for round two of fix the old Golf diesel. The
start stop solenoid is stuck in the pump and wont shut the motor off. So I
got one of those. I got a set of CV bolts, a driveshaft, four driveshaft
boots, a CV socket, those skinny rubber injector return lines, four fast
glow plugs and relay, four injector heat shields, a wiper arm, A mounting
kit for the A frame, An injector socket, a back wiper motor, and a recycled
dome light. I'm putting a toggle switch on the fan motor because I cant get
it to come on unless the AC is selected. And I haven't been able to figure
out why for over 5 years. And all the temp switches are good. I'm
thinking a corroded wire I don't feel like finding. That will be next weeks
project. Then for a nice ride by as many gas stations as possible to give
them the bird.....

Old May 30th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

"None4You" > wrote in message
et...
>I just got my parts today for round two of fix the old Golf diesel. The
>start stop solenoid is stuck in the pump and wont shut the motor off. So I
>got one of those. I got a set of CV bolts, a driveshaft, four driveshaft
>boots, a CV socket, those skinny rubber injector return lines, four fast
>glow plugs and relay, four injector heat shields, a wiper arm, A mounting
>kit for the A frame, An injector socket, a back wiper motor, and a recycled
>dome light. I'm putting a toggle switch on the fan motor because I cant get
>it to come on unless the AC is selected. And I haven't been able to figure
>out why for over 5 years. And all the temp switches are good. I'm
>thinking a corroded wire I don't feel like finding. That will be next
>weeks project. Then for a nice ride by as many gas stations as possible
>to give them the bird.....

Sounds like a good project! Is this an '87 or '89 Golf diesel?
I have found many a corroded wire under the battery tray causing the
radiator fan not to work.
Should be a relay in or around the fuse box too for the radiator fan since
you have a/c.

I passed by a fuel station here in Chicago and they were selling diesel at
$5 per gallon. OUCH!

Old June 9th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You

Old June 12th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You

et...

Old June 21st 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You