advice requested from 2008 or new CR-V owners

Old March 9th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Guy[_2_]

Default advice requested from 2008 or new CR-V owners

Just want to learn from your experiences or advice if you own a 2008
or newer CR-V. I have a 2010 CR-V LX with no roof rack.

How do you secure a protruding ladder, lumber or such from inside your
vehicle? I know the back door shuts down so how do you protect it's
bottom from slamming on the protruding item too? Any other
suggestions what works best when moving these type things. Thanks.
Old March 9th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
M.M.

Guy wrote:
> Just want to learn from your experiences or advice if you own a 2008
> or newer CR-V. I have a 2010 CR-V LX with no roof rack.
>
> How do you secure a protruding ladder, lumber or such from inside your
> vehicle? I know the back door shuts down so how do you protect it's
> bottom from slamming on the protruding item too? Any other
> suggestions what works best when moving these type things. Thanks.

I use my truck instead of my CR-V.
Old March 9th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
E. Meyer[_3_]

On 3/9/10 2:02 PM, in article , "M.M."
> wrote:

> Guy wrote:
>> Just want to learn from your experiences or advice if you own a 2008
>> or newer CR-V. I have a 2010 CR-V LX with no roof rack.
>>
>> How do you secure a protruding ladder, lumber or such from inside your
>> vehicle? I know the back door shuts down so how do you protect it's
>> bottom from slamming on the protruding item too? Any other
>> suggestions what works best when moving these type things. Thanks.

> I use my truck instead of my CR-V.

On the '06 CRV, the back window opens in the tailgate. That's the way of
choice for long things like ladders. Don't know if it still opens on the
'08 or not.

The other thing that works in the '06 is to lay down the front and rear
right seat backs and slide the ladder all the way forward to the dash.
Usually you can close the tailgate then if whatever it is is 8 feet or less.

Old March 9th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
M.M.

E. Meyer wrote:
> On 3/9/10 2:02 PM, in article , "M.M."
> > wrote:
>
>> Guy wrote:
>>> Just want to learn from your experiences or advice if you own a 2008
>>> or newer CR-V. I have a 2010 CR-V LX with no roof rack.
>>>
>>> How do you secure a protruding ladder, lumber or such from inside your
>>> vehicle? I know the back door shuts down so how do you protect it's
>>> bottom from slamming on the protruding item too? Any other
>>> suggestions what works best when moving these type things. Thanks.

>> I use my truck instead of my CR-V.

> On the '06 CRV, the back window opens in the tailgate. That's the way of
> choice for long things like ladders. Don't know if it still opens on the
> '08 or not.

On the 08 the window does not open.