Kunos Sold NetKar?

Old June 8th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Kunos Sold NetKar?

There is a report, currently a rumored report, that Kunos has sold the
rights to NetKar Pro or teamed up with another entity to continue work on
the game.

As some might know, NKP was released about 7 weeks ago. Kunos released one
patch at the end of April, and since then has not been heard from. He
replies to no forum questions nor, apparently, does he respond to email
messages.

This is really sad. The guy was hyped as some sort of
bring-the-community-together guru. Now, allegedly, he's taken what cash he
could from the initial sales of NKP and fled.

Maybe something will come up soon about his intentions, but I doubt it.

Here's the source of the rumor, at RSC:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=256936

Anyone with any idea about what might be going on?

Alanb

Old June 8th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> There is a report, currently a rumored report, that Kunos has sold the
> rights to NetKar Pro or teamed up with another entity to continue work on
> the game.

<snip>
> Anyone with any idea about what might be going on?

Afraid not.

> This is really sad. The guy was hyped as some sort of
> bring-the-community-together guru. Now, allegedly, he's taken what
> cash he could from the initial sales of NKP and fled.

Don't know if it is sad or not. If his programming skills can be
harnessed and partner with a group that will handle the business side it
might be a good thing.

Remember Kaemmer's attempts at PR (the cloning BMW saga) - best off
sticking to developing racing sims. Do what people are good at.
Kaemmer's products bought the sim together rather than the man.

The silence could be for legal disclosure reasons or simple sensitivity
of negotiations - at least that would be an explanation.

Could go several ways - good or bad - I guess we will have to wait and see!

Cheers
Tony
Old June 8th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> There is a report, currently a rumored report, that Kunos has sold the
> rights to NetKar Pro or teamed up with another entity to continue work on
> the game.
>
> As some might know, NKP was released about 7 weeks ago. Kunos released one
> patch at the end of April, and since then has not been heard from. He
> replies to no forum questions nor, apparently, does he respond to email
> messages.
>
> This is really sad. The guy was hyped as some sort of
> bring-the-community-together guru. Now, allegedly, he's taken what cash he
> could from the initial sales of NKP and fled.
>
> Maybe something will come up soon about his intentions, but I doubt it.
>
> Here's the source of the rumor, at RSC:
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=256936
>

> Anyone with any idea about what might be going on?
>
> Alanb

NetKar is overrated.
Old June 9th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
> There is a report, currently a rumored report, that Kunos has sold the
> rights to NetKar Pro or teamed up with another entity to continue work on
> the game.

I was reading all the forum posts for NetKar at rsc.net last night and I'm
just glad I never bought the product. All the people with problems with
activation, not being able to contact this Kunos dude for new activations
and the game being tied to your hardware just throws up a red flag. I even
got a refund on rFactor as soon as I realised the game was tied to your
hardware. Screw that silliness. Microsoft's BS with product activation and
Genuine Advantage is all I can take of that malarky and I don't need some
game giving me the same aggro. Take a look at Matrix Games to see didgital
downloads done right.

Old June 9th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Gank" > wrote in message news:Qa3ig.1052$Wz4.872@pd7tw2no...

| "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
| > There is a report, currently a rumored report, that Kunos has sold the
| > rights to NetKar Pro or teamed up with another entity to continue work
on
| > the game.
|
| I was reading all the forum posts for NetKar at rsc.net last night and I'm
| just glad I never bought the product. All the people with problems with
| activation, not being able to contact this Kunos dude for new activations
| and the game being tied to your hardware just throws up a red flag. I even
| got a refund on rFactor as soon as I realised the game was tied to your
| hardware. Screw that silliness. Microsoft's BS with product activation and
| Genuine Advantage is all I can take of that malarky and I don't need some
| game giving me the same aggro. Take a look at Matrix Games to see didgital
| downloads done right.

Hail COTA! Nice engine and game.

Alanb

NetKar Pro pre-order online now 20% discount sparadise Simulators 5 March 20th 06 12:21 AM
sold my lt4 today rebco10 Corvette 0 February 11th 06 08:56 PM
Is there a way I can see what a new M5 sold for back in 2001? PeterM BMW 10 July 8th 05 03:11 PM
Sold my car, look at it now! Funkie VW air cooled 4 May 10th 05 11:40 PM
They Sold My Car tlgtr Simulators 1 April 3rd 05 04:56 AM