rFactor: Stock Car Mod

Old February 1st 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default rFactor: Stock Car Mod

I see there's a new mod for rFactor. I grabbed it and tried a few laps
around one of the ovals. It seemed pretty decent but the car was very, very
hard to handle. With practice I suppose things would improve.

Here's the link. You have to register to get the files. Registration is
harmless: no email verification and all of that stuff.

www.rfstockcars.com

There's also some track downloads at this site.

Alanb

Old February 1st 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

We havn't had a chance to post many setups yet Alan. Once that begins to
happen, those issues will go away. Thanks for shopping at
www.rfstockcars.com

There is a new video showing what is already possible with SCE in our forums
under SCE-Test League Recaps - Check it out.

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

Old February 2nd 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

ya it does seem hard to handle. The car will not turn for me unless I'm
going under 100 mph. I've changed just about every setting I could find and
nothing. There are a few others having the same problem but there were no
replys to their post. The other issue is, The calibration settings will not
stick. I set up the wheel save the profile. When I enter the track theres no
responce. Can't shift and no throttle? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Old February 3rd 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

rallen wrote:
> ya it does seem hard to handle. The car will not turn for me unless I'm
> going under 100 mph. I've changed just about every setting I could find and
> nothing. There are a few others having the same problem but there were no
> replys to their post. The other issue is, The calibration settings will not
> stick. I set up the wheel save the profile. When I enter the track theres no
> responce. Can't shift and no throttle? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

As far as not being able to turn, did you turn speed sensitivity down to
0 ? It's buried in one of the controller menus
Old February 3rd 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Post a link to the post, and I will make sure to address it on the website
to help out the other people. I have no problem turning the car.

Bill Bollinger
www.rfstockcars.com

Old February 3rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Hey man - not sure where I saw the other post. Its been awhile. I
uninstalled the mod after the 2nd beta since it never worked.
So, I thought I would give it another try today. I downloaded the lastest
version. Full install an now I have even more problems. Here goes.

1. Clicked on the rfactor desktop icon and the stock car mod loaded. very
odd!?!?!? Usually rfactor loads.

2. A number of errors started popping up. They were verious gMotor 2 Errors
saying something about texture material not loading.

3. back into the game. No car pic is being shown but I can load a track and
when I enter the track I get the same error messages again. Something about
error loading texture for material wccarbody. The car is there, but it s a
block.

4.Still can't get the wheel ( momo) configed. I changed all the settings.
Actually messed around with it for about an hour and nothing. Can't shift,
No throttle, nothing. I even pluged in a flight stick and nothing. I have no
problems with the other mods. Only SCE?

So... I'm at a lost with this mod. To top things off. SCE has over road
rfactor completely. I can't play any other mod or even rfactor? Only SCE
shows up. And yes I clicked on the rfactor exe. Not the scestarter.exe

I give up.

. com...