Speeding ticket question

Old September 19th 05, 02:50 PM

Default Speeding ticket question

All:

Is there any practical chance of getting a speeding ticket dismissed
for the fact that the officer wrote down the wrong vehicle and VIN on
the ticket? Didn't just slip a digit, but *entirely* wrong VIN.

I suspect the officer looked at a car registration system based on a
driver's license number and found two cars registered, and wrote down
info from the first car on the list. Ticket now has a nonsensical car
listed as make/model (van versus passenger car), and VIN for completely
different vehicle...

Thanks..

Old September 19th 05, 11:07 PM
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

take your gun to the police station and shoot and kill the piece of ****
scumbag pig.

this will guarantee that the piece of **** pig can't show up for court to
testify.

save america, kill a pig today, KILL ALL PIGS

Old September 20th 05, 12:08 AM
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

> Some judges might interpret that error as the cop having an off day.
> There's a chance, but if he has a good explination for it, and you were
> still speeding, the judge will probably stick it to you.
>
> Dave

exactly, which why bother wasting your time with court, just take your gun
and shoot the ****ing scumbag piece of **** pig

Old September 20th 05, 01:45 AM
DTJ

On 19 Sep 2005 15:03:32 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:

>> Is there any practical chance of getting a speeding ticket dismissed
>> for the fact that the officer wrote down the wrong vehicle and VIN on
>> the ticket? Didn't just slip a digit, but *entirely* wrong VIN.
>>
>> I suspect the officer looked at a car registration system based on a
>> driver's license number and found two cars registered, and wrote down
>> info from the first car on the list. Ticket now has a nonsensical car
>> listed as make/model (van versus passenger car), and VIN for completely
>> different vehicle...
>>
>> Thanks..

>Some judges might interpret that error as the cop having an off day.
>There's a chance, but if he has a good explination for it, and you were
>still speeding, the judge will probably stick it to you.
>
>Dave

Not a chance if you have half a brain. Don't mention anything. Just
ask to question the cop, which is your right. The DA will go first,
to establish the case. Then you get up, and just kind of go along,
asking the cop questions, and getting the same answer as the DA. Then
ask if he is sure. Nod approvingly as he says he is. Keep this up
until the judge, cop and DA start to get just a little peeved. Then
spring the VIN on him. Then follow up with "you were sure the car was
a (whatever) and are clearly wrong, so I guess we can't put too much
faith in anything you say.
Old September 20th 05, 01:46 AM
DTJ

On 19 Sep 2005 15:23:13 -0700, "Furious George" >

>> All:
>>
>> Is there any practical chance of getting a speeding ticket dismissed
>> for the fact that the officer wrote down the wrong vehicle and VIN on
>> the ticket? Didn't just slip a digit, but *entirely* wrong VIN.
>>
>> I suspect the officer looked at a car registration system based on a
>> driver's license number and found two cars registered, and wrote down
>> info from the first car on the list. Ticket now has a nonsensical car
>> listed as make/model (van versus passenger car), and VIN for completely
>> different vehicle...
>>
>> Thanks..

>Were you or were you not speeding?

Why is that relevant?
Old September 20th 05, 01:58 AM
223rem

DTJ wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2005 15:03:32 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>

>>>Is there any practical chance of getting a speeding ticket dismissed
>>>for the fact that the officer wrote down the wrong vehicle and VIN on
>>>the ticket? Didn't just slip a digit, but *entirely* wrong VIN.
>>>
>>>I suspect the officer looked at a car registration system based on a
>>>driver's license number and found two cars registered, and wrote down
>>>info from the first car on the list. Ticket now has a nonsensical car
>>>listed as make/model (van versus passenger car), and VIN for completely
>>>different vehicle...
>>>
>>>Thanks..

>>Some judges might interpret that error as the cop having an off day.
>>There's a chance, but if he has a good explination for it, and you were
>>still speeding, the judge will probably stick it to you.
>>
>>Dave

> Not a chance if you have half a brain. Don't mention anything. Just
> ask to question the cop, which is your right. The DA will go first,
> to establish the case. Then you get up, and just kind of go along,
> asking the cop questions, and getting the same answer as the DA. Then
> ask if he is sure. Nod approvingly as he says he is. Keep this up
> until the judge, cop and DA start to get just a little peeved. Then
> spring the VIN on him. Then follow up with "you were sure the car was
> a (whatever) and are clearly wrong, so I guess we can't put too much
> faith in anything you say.

LMAO! You've been reading too much Grisham, or watching too much
TV.

The OP will be offered a deal by an underling of the prosecutor,
and if he's smart, he'll take it.
Old September 20th 05, 02:01 AM
223rem

Most likely scenario is that someone from the prosecutor's office
will offer you a deal: a $150-200 fine, and if no moving violations for 6
months, your driving record stays clean. If you dont want to go this route,
you'll face a judge, and you can be *sure* he will side with the cop.