help...(brake pads replacement)

Old May 25th 05, 03:06 AM
jimmy nguyen

Default help...(brake pads replacement)

I just replace my 2001 v6 mustang brake pad. but for some reason now the
brake is so spongy (soft) I have to push the brake pedal all the way to
stop.(it feel even softer than the gas pedal). and the emergency brake
hardly work. I pull on the emergency brake. but the car still move.. I got
to pull it all the way until the car slow stop.. I try to bled the brake ,
but nothing.. I bring by pepboy.. they tell me to get a new pair of rear
caliper.. but it was working find before I put in new brake pad.. can
somebody tell me what is wrong. I have no idea...

Old May 25th 05, 04:41 PM

Jimmy, I take it you replaced the rear brakes?

Where they Disc or Drum?

If you have rear disc can you explain how you pushed piston back into
the caliper to make room for the new pads? and do you have rear abs?