Honda - The Ultimate Ricer Machine

Old October 25th 04, 07:28 AM
Keith Murphy

Default Honda - The Ultimate Ricer Machine

I am sick and tired of people who think that every honda can out
perform a VW! It really makes me angry. Hondas are nothing but slow,
ugly, poor handling, trendy, flimsy pieces of crap ever produced (with
the exception of Hyundai and Kia). Everywhere you look on the road
today, it seems almost every other car is a Honda. To make things
worse, 85% of the Hondas on the road are riced up to death. There's
nothing more uglier than a Honda with a spoiler mounted on the back
that's a foot and a half high! Then you see Hondas with body kits.
Why?!? There's no reason for it, and it looks stupid! Furthermore,
I've owned VW vehicles for over 10 years, and I think I am correct
when I say that VW vehicles are better built, better engineered, have
better handling, have more power, have better fuel economy, and have
better styling than a Honda. VW will always be number one with me!
Old October 25th 04, 06:46 PM
Biz

"Keith Murphy" > wrote in message
om...
> I am sick and tired of people who think that every honda can out
> perform a VW! It really makes me angry. Hondas are nothing but slow,
> ugly, poor handling, trendy, flimsy pieces of crap ever produced (with
> the exception of Hyundai and Kia). Everywhere you look on the road
> today, it seems almost every other car is a Honda. To make things
> worse, 85% of the Hondas on the road are riced up to death. There's
> nothing more uglier than a Honda with a spoiler mounted on the back
> that's a foot and a half high! Then you see Hondas with body kits.
> Why?!? There's no reason for it, and it looks stupid! Furthermore,
> I've owned VW vehicles for over 10 years, and I think I am correct
> when I say that VW vehicles are better built, better engineered, have
> better handling, have more power, have better fuel economy, and have
> better styling than a Honda. VW will always be number one with me!

Well just the other day I saw the exact thing you are describing but it was
done to a Jetta. They dont look any better than a Honda when someone
"vandalizes" them like that.

Old October 25th 04, 06:51 PM
Kent

Hopefully the VWs that you have owned "for over 10 years" includes your Hot
Wheels collection; otherwise, you're severely stunted and require
professional counseling.

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 221,600+ miles

Old October 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Keith Murphy

Are you saying you don't think VW's are superior to Honda? If that's
the case, I am dying to hear your explanation on why you think this...

Old October 25th 04, 10:20 PM
HardtoKill

AMEN!!!!!

Old October 25th 04, 10:37 PM
Rob Guenther

Sorry sir, not everything is superior... only some things are... I'm a huge
VW fan, but i'll easily admit this: the Civic has a far better gearchange,
and the clutch is smoother... it's got the nicest feeling transmission of
any car i've driven - not to say VW trannys are bad, they are long lasting
units, but they just aren't as nice to use.

Honda also seems to have recent quality down a little better, sad to say...
At least VW's still own them in rustproofing tho.

I love VW's but my head isn't up in the clouds, some manufacturers are
better at some things (Volvo with safety for example), others are better at
other things (Toyota with reliability). I don't like when people rice up
their Honda's either - but a stock Honda is excellent transporation - a
little boring to look at, uninspiring inside, and a little weak on power -
but not bad at all for the right person....

Better power? On the base model Golf vs Civic... same, Golf has more useable
torque tho - then again the 2.0L in the Golf runs out of motivation around
4500 rpm... whereas the Civics 1.6 will keep winding smoothly up to 6500,
easily. (oh the 2.0L will do 6500rpm too... it's just a lot rougher and 2
valve technology limits its breathing at higher RPMs)

The Accord has way more power then a Passat tho 190hp vs 240hp.

Fuel economy bet in a gasoline VW (Japanese don't have diesels in North
America yet)... yah right, the Japanese cars are all lighter then VWs with
higher revving, smaller displacement engines, for the most part... we have
our diesels tho :-).

Better handling... maybe more fun; Civic has double wishbones at front, and
fully independant in the rear - more sophisticated then many V-Dubs, sad to
say.

Nicely built/finished with tighter tolerances on body gaps is different then
better... VW's manufacturing technique is known to not be able to acheive
Toyota/Honda profit levels (the CEO admitted this himself) - and they are
having quality issues... in Europe the Golf is almost being overtaken by the
Toyota Corolla (hatchback) because of issues with the previous generation
and the problems it had in sales numbers.

You clearly are a VW fan, but you're one that doesn't read - you hear and
believe what you want to hear.

I still drive a Golf, I still want a Passat - but I know that these are not
the best cars in the world... They do have good engineering, and they are
perfect for me, but 99% of people aren't car enthusiats, nor do many people
care about or would notice the many little things that VW takes care of when
they build a car... the little things you don't really notice until they're
gone.
oups.com...

Old October 25th 04, 11:21 PM
D. Dub

What you been smokin?

As much as I like my VW I know that the Japanese build a better quality,
more reliable product. It's just a simple fact.

Old October 25th 04, 11:26 PM
Sm704

This is what they call "Denial"...

Old October 26th 04, 12:43 AM
Kent

I'm not going to debate you regarding the relative merits of Hondas and VWs,
but I will take the opportunity to pontificate a bit...

First of all, to get "really angry" because someone prefers Hondas over VWs
is ridiculous. Both marques have their strong and weak points, and everyone
looks for different things in a car. Pick up a newspaper and you'll find
many more serious things to get angry about.

Second, I don't like the term "ricer" because it has racist overtones.
Cultural differences are what make life (and cars) interesting. Live and let
live.

Lastly, I refuse to believe that any reasonably intelligent adult would use
the phrase "more uglier" in a post. I think you're a 16-year-old (or so) kid
who is hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet. If I'm wrong and you
indeed are an "adult"...well...remember what I said about professional
counseling?

Old October 26th 04, 02:42 AM
Mike Smith

Rob Guenther wrote:

> Better handling... maybe more fun; Civic has double wishbones at front

Not anymore - McPhersons the last couple of years.

> I still drive a Golf, I still want a Passat - but I know that these are not
> the best cars in the world... They do have good engineering, and they are
> perfect for me, but 99% of people aren't car enthusiats, nor do many people
> care about or would notice the many little things that VW takes care of when
> they build a car...

I dunno, everyone who gets a ride in, or even a look at, my Passat is
duly impressed. Among my friends (most of whom are not car
enthusiasts), the most popularly owned model is a tie between the B5/5.5
and the Accord (but none of those Accords are new models - one's an
'85!), and VW is the most popular make.

--
Mike Smith