exhust question

Old December 6th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Denis B

Default exhust question

For a stock 03 GT, can anyone make a recommendation on an exhuast. I want a
very loud system, but I don't just want noise...there's so many to choose
from. I plan on adding an intake later on.

Thanks for your time
Din

Old December 6th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL

Denis B wrote:
> For a stock 03 GT, can anyone make a recommendation on an exhuast. I want a
> very loud system, but I don't just want noise...there's so many to choose
> from. I plan on adding an intake later on.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Din

Look for stainless steel. Straight through mufflers (you can see through
the input to the output) sound good with X pipes. Chambered mufflers
sound better with an H pipe. I like MagnaFlow and Bassani. You can find
sound clips on the net.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old December 6th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Fredless

"Denis B" > wrote in message
> For a stock 03 GT, can anyone make a recommendation on an exhuast. I want
> a very loud system, but I don't just want noise...there's so many to
> choose from. I plan on adding an intake later on.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Din

you will wake up the neighbors
Long trips will kill your ears
Cops are attracted to loud cars
It does nothing to HP

I choose to be stealth.

Old December 6th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I have a 2001 gt and put a SLP loudmouth cat back exhaust on. Sounds
sweet!!!

Old December 7th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I went with a SLP Loudmouth 1 on my 04 gt. Right now, everything else
is stock besides the cat back. The car is pretty quiet at idle and
cruising speeds, but the second I put the pedal down...BAM! It gets
loud, and sounds great!

Brian

Denis B wrote:
> For a stock 03 GT, can anyone make a recommendation on an exhuast. I want a
> very loud system, but I don't just want noise...there's so many to choose
> from. I plan on adding an intake later on.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Din

Jeep Front End Question/ 2000 JGC + Bonus Question!! James[_1_] Jeep 30 November 4th 06 07:52 PM
A Physics Question Alan Baker Driving 1 September 9th 06 05:49 AM
2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM