Right of Locomotion Ordinarly used for Personal Travel on our Public Highways

Old June 24th 05, 12:54 PM
John S.

proffsl wrote:
> [...]

> un-provable evidence
>
> Yes, I say these Inherent Rights ARE provable. Instead of using
> un-provable evidence, such as a "God" which Creates, I exchange that
> with "Creation" (NOT "Creator", which is just another "God"), allowing
> the reader to envision any or no Creator at all of their own choosing.
> Our Individual Existence is proof positive of our Individual Creation.
> While a Creator might be reasonably denied, Creation itself can not be
> reasonably denied. Our Creation is the basis upon which my Primary
> Evidence is built.
>
> What would you consider the primary aspect endowed by their Creation
> upon Sentient, or Self Aware beings? What is a word derived from
> "Sentient"? That word is: "Consent", which means something like: "Of
> Sentient origin". And, that primary aspect endowed upon Sentient
> Beings by their Creation is their Power of Consent.
>
> Consent is the Inherent power of a Sentient being to voluntarily give
> assent or approval to something done or proposed, and is from which all
> sentient behavior originates. The giving of Consent to something is to
> claim that with such Consent, that thing is Rightful, and that without
> such Consent, that thing is wrong. By recognizing and exercising our
> Power of Consent, we recognize and witness to the very existence of
> Right and wrong.
>
> Creation endows Sentient Beings with the Power of Consent, which endows
> us with the existence of Right and wrong. Combine these together, and
> you get Rightful Consent and Wrongful Consent. If I give my friend
> Consent to enter My House, that would be Rightful Consent. If I give
> my friend Consent to enter Your House, that would, of course, be
> Wrongful Consent.
>
> So now, we know that both Rightful and Wrongful Consent exist, endowed
> upon us by our Creation as Sentient Beings, and now it is upon us, as
> Sentient Beings, to recognize between Rightful Consent and Wrongful
> Consent. Rightful Consent is a Right among our Rights. So in our
> attempts to correctly recognize our Inherent Rights, we produce our
> Enumerated Rights.
>
> Keep in mind there is a difference between our Inherent Rights and our
> Enumerated Rights. As I said above, we attempt to correctly recognize
> our Inherent Rights, but it is entirely possible that we incorrectly
> recognize a Right. After all, we're not perfect. But, nice thing
> about being imperfect is that there is always room for improvement.
> So, while Inherent Rights are unchanging and Inalienable, Enumerated
> Rights do come, go and change as we attempt to improve our recognition
> of our Inherent Rights.
>
> So, while I will admit that our Enumerated Rights are indeed a Social
> construct, which can be added to, changed, and subtracted from, I still
> maintain my recognition of our Inherent Rights, which are indeed
> Inalienable, and which our Enumerated Rights attempt to Mirror.

All I read are the same old circular arguments used to support one
another. I'm still waiting for proof that those rights exist
independent of a social structure.

Old June 24th 05, 01:49 PM
proffsl

John S wrote:

> All I read are the same old circular arguments used to support
> one another.

Yet, you don't bother to detail your objections.

Easy to say your opponent is wrong. Harder to prove it.

> I'm still waiting for proof that those rights exist
> independent of a social structure.

And, I'm still waiting for proof I'm wrong.

Don't worry! I won't hold my breath.