Ford most-considered brand 2 quarters in row in KBB study

Old August 15th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
john

Default Ford most-considered brand 2 quarters in row in KBB study

"For the second quarter in a row, Ford is the most-considered
automotive brand among new-car shoppers, according to Kelley Blue
Book's brand-watch study.

Ford scored an overall brand consideration of 29% while second-place
Toyota had scored 22% among shoppers who visited Kelley Blue Book's
Web site between April and June.

Toyota continues to fall following its recall and reputation crisis
earlier this year. Toyota's overall consideration fell eight
percentage points to 22% during the second quarter from 30% for the
same period a year ago."

Read mo Ford rated 1st in brand-watch study
http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...#ixzz0wh5zHUre

Old August 15th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Elmo P. Shagnasty

In article
john > wrote:

> "For the second quarter in a row, Ford is the most-considered
> automotive brand among new-car shoppers, according to Kelley Blue
> Book's brand-watch study.

We're evaluating family transportation right now. On the very short
list was a Toyota minivan, the smaller Mazda SUV (CX-7), and the Ford
Flex. For grins, we also took out a Mazdaspeed3.

My wife came away thinking that the Japanese cars just plain fit with
virtually no effort. You sit in them adjust the seat, and everything
just works. Not only that, they drive like they're supposed to drive.

She came away from the Flex thinking it drove like a truck, like Radar's
Jeep. She was confused, because ostensibly it's a car. Further, she
couldn't get comfortable. It's like Ford doesn't know how to do it,
even after thirty years of Japanese competition kicking butt and doing
it right.

So yes, I considered Ford. That lasted all of ten minutes.
Old August 15th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Wayne[_6_]

"john" > wrote in message
> "For the second quarter in a row, Ford is the most-considered
> automotive brand among new-car shoppers, according to Kelley Blue
> Book's brand-watch study.
>
> Ford scored an overall brand consideration of 29% while second-place
> Toyota had scored 22% among shoppers who visited Kelley Blue Book's
> Web site between April and June.
>
> Toyota continues to fall following its recall and reputation crisis
> earlier this year. Toyota's overall consideration fell eight
> percentage points to 22% during the second quarter from 30% for the
> same period a year ago."

Ford makes a cheaper car than Toyota. With the economy suckinng bigtime, it
is normal for people to shop around.

Old August 15th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
dr_jeff

Wayne wrote:
> "john" > wrote in message

<...>

> Ford makes a cheaper car than Toyota. With the economy suckinng bigtime, it
> is normal for people to shop around.

With the economy booming, it is still normal for people to shop around
when buying a very expensive purchase.

Jeff
Old August 15th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Scott Dorsey

Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:

>She came away from the Flex thinking it drove like a truck, like Radar's
>Jeep. She was confused, because ostensibly it's a car. Further, she
>couldn't get comfortable. It's like Ford doesn't know how to do it,
>even after thirty years of Japanese competition kicking butt and doing
>it right.

I think this is deliberate... I think this is a small car for the SUV and
minivan-driving crowd.

>So yes, I considered Ford. That lasted all of ten minutes.

You should have tried a VW too.
--scott
Old August 15th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
john

Default Ford considered most likely to spontaneously combust brand 2 quarters in row in KBB study

Old August 15th 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Bob[_54_]

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:16:42 -0700, dr_jeff > wrote:

>Wayne wrote:
>> "john" > wrote in message

><...>
>
>> Ford makes a cheaper car than Toyota. With the economy suckinng bigtime, it
>> is normal for people to shop around.

>With the economy booming, it is still normal for people to shop around
>when buying a very expensive purchase.
>
>Jeff

Well he had a point that people might be more likely to buy Ford junk
than quality Toyota vehicles when their disposable income is either
lower, or in more danger of being yanked out from them.

Its too bad mass herds of sheep think that way though, because all
things considered, unless you're changing vehicles every 2 years the
Toyota is probably cheaper to own overall, especially when you
consider all of the Ford issues like exploding gas tanks, ignition
switches combined with highly flammable plastic blends that cause the
drivers side to burst into flames quickly, roll overs they blame on
Firestone and so forth.
Old August 15th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
dr_jeff

Bob wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:16:42 -0700, dr_jeff > wrote:
>
>> Wayne wrote:
>>> "john" > wrote in message

>> <...>
>>
>>> Ford makes a cheaper car than Toyota. With the economy suckinng bigtime, it
>>> is normal for people to shop around.

>> With the economy booming, it is still normal for people to shop around
>> when buying a very expensive purchase.
>>
>> Jeff

> Well he had a point that people might be more likely to buy Ford junk
> than quality Toyota vehicles when their disposable income is either
> lower, or in more danger of being yanked out from them.

Ford junk? No, they won't be buying much of that. Ford vehicles are very
good. I have had two Fords without any problems.

> Its too bad mass herds of sheep think that way though, because all
> things considered, unless you're changing vehicles every 2 years the
> Toyota is probably cheaper to own overall, especially when you
> consider all of the Ford issues like exploding gas tanks, ignition
> switches combined with highly flammable plastic blends that cause the
> drivers side to burst into flames quickly, roll overs they blame on
> Firestone and so forth.

Gee, Toyota has had its problems with sludge and acceleration, too.
Sorry, your claim that Toyota is better than Ford requires real support.

Ford and Toyota both make many good vehicles.

Jeff
Old August 15th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Elmo P. Shagnasty

In article >,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> >So yes, I considered Ford. That lasted all of ten minutes.

> You should have tried a VW too.

Volkswagen? Not on your life. Me, I wouldn't buy a German car with
YOUR money. (Been there, done that.)

And yes, I "get" German cars. German cars are the expensive, pouty, and
high-maintenance mistresses of the road. Damn, they are a fine, fine
ride...

.....but then the maintenance and pouting kicks in.

At some point, without unlimited funds, you are at a decision point:
continue the high-priced, high-maintenance fun, or go back home and
enjoy your reliable Lexus wife of a car, patiently sitting there waiting
for you to get over the midlife crisis.

Oh sure, she's not as sexy as the German car, and she doesn't handle at
the edge like the German car. She's also not as fickle and high
maintenance and pouty, and she agrees with you much more of the time.
She's always there and never complains, and you come to realize there's
more to life than a high-maintenance relationship with a pouty,
high-maintenance woman--no matter how sexy she is or how fun the nights
out with her can be. Because when she lets you down and demands more of
you than you have to give, and treats you like dirt, you're standing
there all alone outside the club, looking and feeling like an idiot.

Your Lexus wife would never, ever do that to you.

And the occasional fun night out isn't worth what you end up paying for
it, both financially and in time wasted while you wait for the German
car mistress to be in the mood to play.
Old August 15th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Bob[_54_]

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:43:37 -0700, dr_jeff > wrote:

>Bob wrote:

>>> <...>

>>> With the economy booming, it is still normal for people to shop around
>>> when buying a very expensive purchase.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> Well he had a point that people might be more likely to buy Ford junk
>> than quality Toyota vehicles when their disposable income is either
>> lower, or in more danger of being yanked out from them.

>Ford junk? No, they won't be buying much of that. Ford vehicles are very
>good. I have had two Fords without any problems.
>
>> Its too bad mass herds of sheep think that way though, because all
>> things considered, unless you're changing vehicles every 2 years the
>> Toyota is probably cheaper to own overall, especially when you
>> consider all of the Ford issues like exploding gas tanks, ignition
>> switches combined with highly flammable plastic blends that cause the
>> drivers side to burst into flames quickly, roll overs they blame on
>> Firestone and so forth.

>Gee, Toyota has had its problems with sludge and acceleration, too.

Incorrectly installed floormats by lax technicians at a dealership and
clueless owners do not count as acceleration issues, and going longer
than recommend oil change intervals does not count as a sludge issue.

>Sorry, your claim that Toyota is better than Ford requires real support.

The support is in ANY unbiased organization that tracks auto
reliability, long-term recall history, and severity of problems. Good
news is you're only a search engine away from finding this info.

>Ford and Toyota both make many good vehicles.

That statement in isolation might be true; I'm not saying Ford has
never made a good vehicle, I'm just saying Toyota consistently churns
out much better ones.

KBB vs Edmunds asdf[_3_] Technology 3 May 27th 09 04:06 AM
KBB 2009 Brand Image Awards: BMW best Performance, Exterior Design,Coolest Brand [email protected] BMW 0 March 16th 09 03:47 AM
Brand new watch,bag,jewerly,jean,clothing,brand new $15-work at home to resell Sellbestwatch Jeep 26 October 17th 07 06:37 AM
Is KBB accurate? Mitch@This_is_not_a_real_address.com Ford Mustang 3 October 11th 06 06:03 PM
Pan quarters Kevin Holzer VW air cooled 5 June 14th 05 05:45 PM