F1 sims? What is it with you guys?

Old May 4th 05, 08:45 PM
Larry

Small Detail?

I'll keep that in mind as a careen wildly off the track into the tire
barrier because I couldn't tell where the grip began and ended

-Larry

Old May 4th 05, 08:47 PM
Larry

Dave? Dave?

Dave's not here

-Larry

P.S. You have to be at least 40 to get that one...

news

Old May 4th 05, 09:30 PM
Mitch_A

I dont know why you have such difficulty Larry. Do you have all the sounds
setup so you can hear the tire grip? IIRC I had to edit the .plr in the
demo's but the retail game has gui sliders. I set mine to 200% and lowered
the rest ;-)

It isnt NR2003 and doesnt have the "feel" youre accustomed to and thats why
I believe you have such problems. The "edge" is much sharper in GTR and
cuts deeper too The default setups need major rework as well. (use the
differential luke)

Maybe slow speed grip isnt the correct description but its really not a very
big deal once you get accustomed to its feel. I have to really pamper the
throttle and brake. Too many other great aspects of GTR to let this one
issue be the show stopper.

Multi now works very well and this Sim is the best at this moment which is
why I feel youre missing out. It no loss to me whether you ever like GTR
but being a fellow sim racer I know if you gave it the proper chance you
would feel different.

Mitch

Old May 5th 05, 04:20 AM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:FF9ee.463$2J6.216@lakeread06:

> Dave? Dave?
>
> Dave's not here
>
> -Larry
>
> P.S. You have to be at least 40 to get that one...

been there, heard that...over and over....

dave henrie
Old May 5th 05, 04:36 PM
Larry

I'm sure I'll give it a try once it's available.

-Larry

om...