A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 25th 05, 02:10 PM
Steve Smith

In this country, John, hatchbacks are considered down around the ankles as
far as style, class, and taste are concerned; abt. on a par w. John Tesch
albums, paintings of Elvis on velvet, velour pants suits, Thunderbird wine,
and mullets. To me, it looks too much like the Volvo P1800 wagon of 30
years ago.

(Nor do I like the M3 roadster, which looks like an imitation British sports
car, viz. the Miata/Triumph Spitfire. My idea of ein echte Deutsche sports
coupe is BMW's 630i, which would have made a great rag top, or the original
M-B 600SL, which did.)

The BMW M3 V8 would be a splendid addition to GTR, as would the mighty Aston
Martin DB9 as raced at Sebring. If you're a TVR fan, there's a Cerbera or
Speed Six or Tuscan or whatever it is over at RSC.

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Steve Smith wrote:
> > Um, yes, except that...
> >
> > 1. The licensee can reserve the right to vet the final product (as

Ferrari
> > did with GPL), and/or
> >
> > 2. BMW already *has* a car in GTR: the decidedly unlovely Z3M

hatchback...so

Old March 26th 05, 10:12 AM
John Wallace

Steve Smith wrote:
> In this country, John, hatchbacks are considered down around the ankles as
> far as style, class, and taste are concerned;

<splutter>

I openly weep for the evolution of our species. So you're telling me
that as I sit at the lights in my Lancia Delta Integrale, your average
knuckle-scraping, SUV-driving, Bush-voting moron is going to think *he*
has the automotive class, and *I* have the "Elvis on velvet"?

Oh dear... :-)

(Don't mind the Bush part - I know half of you guys thought he was
better than his political clone Kerry. I tend to take Steve Bell's view!)
Old March 26th 05, 02:31 PM
Steve Smith

We don't allow no steenkin' Lancias in this country. Neither Fiats, Ladas,
Trabbies, Renaults, Vauxhalls, Opels, Seats, Smarts, or other sh*tty little
cars for sh*tty little people (David E. Davis, Jr. quote).

I only voted for Kerry (whom I personally can't stand) because I thought
SOMEBODY ought to pay a price for our misadventure in Iraq...other than our
brave, misled troops. Since none of the neo-con architects of this disaster
(Bush, Rummy, Cheney, Rove, Wolfewitz) was willing to commit seppuku, and
since I wasn't about to throw my vote away on the self-appointed loser Ralph
Nader (who hoisted himself to fame quoting my road test of the 1964 Corvair
Monza, BTW), I figured Kerry had to be better than the Devil I did know. I
only wish it had been John McCain. vs. Zell Miller - now THERE'S a choice!

When one sez "hatchback" in this country, one thinks of the late, unlamented
Chevette. When one weeps for the evolution of our species, I think of
Camille Paglia (in a leather bustier and 5-inch stilettos, of course).

Let's get off this topic before I draw my Hunter S. Thompson Signature
Edition 1911 and drill you right between the eyes.

Old March 26th 05, 04:28 PM
Dave

In article >, "Steve Smith" > wrote:

>since I wasn't about to throw my vote away on the self-appointed loser Ralph
>Nader (who hoisted himself to fame quoting my road test of the 1964 Corvair
>Monza, BTW)

Do tell!

>When one sez "hatchback" in this country, one thinks of the late,
>unlamented Chevette.

Ah, but hatches (and wagons) are making a comeback, albeit under
different names: crossover, sport-combi, MAXX ...
Old March 26th 05, 06:23 PM
Mitch_A

Sad Steve, I still respect your invaluable expertise in the Car industry but
your politics scare me and had the electorate agreed with you Iraq and the
entire ME would be a real mess.

30 million newly FREED people in 2 countries voting in FREE elections is
somehow a disaster? We sadly lost over 1500 brave soldiers but in the big
scheme of things thats nothing. We lose nearly that many in training
accidents in the same time period and that many in just a few minutes of
dday.

The previous administrations uncontrolled terrorists are now hiding instead
of attacking. Id say were winning.

Mitch

BTW GW will be looked upon in history as a brave politician that changed the
world for the better despite the lefts continual insane ramblings.

"Steve Smith" > > I only voted for Kerry

Old March 26th 05, 09:11 PM
MartyU

So sad to hear another misguided flag waving defense of the chicken-hawk
president and his fraudulent war.

Declaring anyone is 'newly freed' by the occupation by US military
forces of countries that were no credible threat to national security...

When none of the WMD or 9/11 rationales for preemptive war are or were
true...

When the neo-con fascists who seized the White House in 2000 are known
to have immediately started plans for war to occupy the oil fields of
Iraq...

While the Bush administration ignored the warnings of the out going
Clinton national security team as well as ongoing intel concerns about
the growing threat of domestic terrorist attack from Al-Queda leading up
to 9/11...

When most of the world stood against the US in the lead up to the war,
and still does...

And then to pander to the religious right with federal intervention in a
family depute over whether to let a woman in a 'persistent vegetative
state' die, for the obvious cynical political purpose of distracting the
media from the Orwellian dismantling of American liberty while securing
the worlds resources for for American Corporations...

None of this would be possible but for the massive delusions exemplified
by those who support the neo-fascists regime in Washington. Of course
some of those are not deluded at all, but are true fascists themselves.

Yes Mitch, history will judge George W. Bush, and like Hitler, those who
supported him.

FYI
Classic definition of fascism:
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/m...i-fascism.html

The architects of American empi
www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/index.html

Bogus President / Bogus War

Marty

Old March 27th 05, 03:04 PM
Steve Smith

True. I even considered that Subaru Imprezza hatchback...before I
discovered that it doesn't have the same mechanical underpinnings as the WRX
sedan.

.. .

Old March 27th 05, 03:10 PM
Steve Smith

Nothing? Ask the families of the 1,500 troops who died.

We've turned Iraq into a bigger spawning ground for terrorists than
Afghanistan ever was...and we still haven't caught the guy responsible for
9/11.

I think the guy who preceded GW was even worse.

I'm a little to the right of Ghengis Khan, if you really wanna know. If I
had been the SoD, I would've gone into Iraq w. twice as many troops as Gen.
Shinseki advised.

. ..

Old March 27th 05, 04:33 PM
JP

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Steve Smith wrote:
> > In this country, John, hatchbacks are considered down around the ankles

as
> > far as style, class, and taste are concerned;

> <splutter>
>
> I openly weep for the evolution of our species. So you're telling me
> that as I sit at the lights in my Lancia Delta Integrale, your average
> knuckle-scraping, SUV-driving, Bush-voting moron is going to think *he*
> has the automotive class, and *I* have the "Elvis on velvet"?
>
> Oh dear... :-)
>
> (Don't mind the Bush part - I know half of you guys thought he was
> better than his political clone Kerry. I tend to take Steve Bell's view!)

<rolls eyes> Nice try........"Here, let me get a dig in on any Bush
supporters, but, wink, don't mind it guys"

Old March 27th 05, 05:24 PM
Randy Magruder

MartyU wrote:

> <moveon.org talking points snipped>

nice job regurgitating the left-wing propaganda.

Randy

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 04:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 01:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM