Re "Top Gear": Who is "The Stick"?

Old September 3rd 05, 08:41 PM
George Graves

Default Re "Top Gear": Who is "The Stick"?

I know that this is bloody olde hat to you Brits, but we Yanks are new
to this. I'm sure there is speculation in GB about who "The Stick" (Top
Gears' mystery test driver) is. My buddies and I speculate that he's
some British GP or perhaps rally driver. Maybe Jenson Button. Whoever he
is, I can tell by his build that he is fairly young and very compact
like most F1 or motorcycle drivers. There's got to be a reason for the
secrecy. What's the word?
Old September 3rd 05, 08:54 PM
topgooner71

George Graves wrote:

> I know that this is bloody olde hat to you Brits, but we Yanks are new
> to this. I'm sure there is speculation in GB about who "The Stick" (Top
> Gears' mystery test driver) is. My buddies and I speculate that he's
> some British GP or perhaps rally driver. Maybe Jenson Button. Whoever he
> is, I can tell by his build that he is fairly young and very compact
> like most F1 or motorcycle drivers. There's got to be a reason for the
> secrecy. What's the word?

I am sure you mean 'The Stig'...

but like you I have no idea who it is....
Old September 3rd 05, 08:56 PM
topgooner71

topgooner71 wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
>
>> I know that this is bloody olde hat to you Brits, but we Yanks are new
>> to this. I'm sure there is speculation in GB about who "The Stick"
>> (Top Gears' mystery test driver) is. My buddies and I speculate that
>> he's some British GP or perhaps rally driver. Maybe Jenson Button.
>> Whoever he is, I can tell by his build that he is fairly young and
>> very compact like most F1 or motorcycle drivers. There's got to be a
>> reason for the secrecy. What's the word?

> I am sure you mean 'The Stig'...
>
> but like you I have no idea who it is....

Just googled.. and found this.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig
Old September 3rd 05, 08:59 PM
alfistagj

Or some lady driver???

"topgooner71" > schreef in bericht

Old September 3rd 05, 09:07 PM
Catman

topgooner71 wrote:

> topgooner71 wrote:
>
>> George Graves wrote:
>>
>>> I know that this is bloody olde hat to you Brits, but we Yanks are new
>>> to this. I'm sure there is speculation in GB about who "The Stick"
>>> (Top Gears' mystery test driver) is. My buddies and I speculate that
>>> he's some British GP or perhaps rally driver. Maybe Jenson Button.
>>> Whoever he is, I can tell by his build that he is fairly young and
>>> very compact like most F1 or motorcycle drivers. There's got to be a
>>> reason for the secrecy. What's the word?

>> I am sure you mean 'The Stig'...
>>
>> but like you I have no idea who it is....

> Just googled.. and found this.....
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

Yep, that was the first Stig. They made a big thing about lobbing him off
an aircraft carrier at one point, and changing him for another version,
more into easy listening........
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 3rd 05, 09:45 PM
Domestos

"alfistagj" > wrote in message
.. .
> Or some lady driver???
>
> "topgooner71" > schreef in bericht
>> George Graves wrote:
>>
>> > I know that this is bloody olde hat to you Brits, but we Yanks are new
>> > to this. I'm sure there is speculation in GB about who "The Stick" (Top
>> > Gears' mystery test driver) is. My buddies and I speculate that he's
>> > some British GP or perhaps rally driver. Maybe Jenson Button. Whoever
>> > he
>> > is, I can tell by his build that he is fairly young and very compact
>> > like most F1 or motorcycle drivers. There's got to be a reason for the
>> > secrecy. What's the word?

>> I am sure you mean 'The Stig'...
>>
>> but like you I have no idea who it is....

I've always reckoned it is that guy (ex racer bloke) of 5th Gear
moonlighting on Top Gear...

However the Stig gives advice out to all the 'Stars in a reasonably priced
car' so it assumed that he must be known to those lucky few, and the
blindman who would not be able to identifity him anyway.

Senna ??? or is that just sick?

Domestos

Old September 4th 05, 01:31 AM
J-P Westaway-Green

"Domestos" > wrote in message

> "alfistagj" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Or some lady driver???

new

(Top

the
> >> I am sure you mean 'The Stig'...
> >>
> >> but like you I have no idea who it is....

> I've always reckoned it is that guy (ex racer bloke) of 5th Gear
> moonlighting on Top Gear...
>
> However the Stig gives advice out to all the 'Stars in a reasonably priced
> car' so it assumed that he must be known to those lucky few, and the
> blindman who would not be able to identifity him anyway.
>
> Senna ??? or is that just sick?
>
> Domestos

Tiff - Could be?

As alfistagj states: 'Or some lady driver???'

IN which case, I'm more inclined to think *wish* Vicky Butler-Henderson
Hhmmmmmmmm.

I'm not going to be able to sleep now thinking about her husky voice.

Or is that just sick?

J-P

Old September 4th 05, 06:21 PM
Pete

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 01:31:34 +0100, "J-P Westaway-Green"
>, wrote:

>IN which case, I'm more inclined to think *wish* Vicky Butler-Henderson

Very sick. Perving over another persons pervette is very perverse

Anyway, it isn't her :-) She is FAR to short too be Stig II

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old September 4th 05, 07:00 PM
Catman

Pete wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 01:31:34 +0100, "J-P Westaway-Green"
> >, wrote:
>
>>IN which case, I'm more inclined to think *wish* Vicky Butler-Henderson

> Very sick. Perving over another persons pervette is very perverse
>
> Anyway, it isn't her :-) She is FAR to short too be Stig II

She has a nicer arse as well

<sigh>
Old September 4th 05, 07:10 PM
Pete

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:00:13 GMT, Catman >,
wrote:

>Pete wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 01:31:34 +0100, "J-P Westaway-Green"
>> >, wrote:
>>
>>>IN which case, I'm more inclined to think *wish* Vicky Butler-Henderson

>> Very sick. Perving over another persons pervette is very perverse
>>
>> Anyway, it isn't her :-) She is FAR to short too be Stig II

>She has a nicer arse as well
>
><sigh>

It is that cute in real-life :-}

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

How to remove/reinstall crankshaft timing gear Ryan Underwood Technology 12 August 8th 05 08:57 PM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 02:46 AM
WARNING! No Dip Stick James Technology 11 December 28th 04 04:33 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 11:57 AM
Can't put into gear Marco VW air cooled 2 October 17th 04 03:32 AM