More on the bailout

Old December 20th 08, 04:25 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

Default More on the bailout

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
companies may be in for an ass kicking.

Old December 20th 08, 04:33 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

"Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
.com...
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>
> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> companies may be in for an ass kicking.

Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality and
not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to quality
or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field, there's not
gong to be any play.

And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.

Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

Old December 20th 08, 05:19 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:33:38 -0600, "CharlesTheCurmudgeon"
> wrote:

>"Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
s.com...
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>
>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>

>Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
>quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
>the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality and
>not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to quality
>or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field, there's not
>gong to be any play.
>
>And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>
>Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
>Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

]
You are an ass.
Old December 20th 08, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Can we assume that apparently you have not seen the numerous reports that
show many of the domestic are BEATING some of the imports in customer
quality surveys? Have you seen the CAFE lists that show many domestics
are as good or better than imports, of the same size, when it comes to fuel
economy and some domestic, with V6 engines, are doing nearly as good as
imports with only 4cy engines?

Old December 20th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:25:31 -0500, "Rock Hardson" >
wrote:

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>
>I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>companies may be in for an ass kicking.

Were it not for this recession/depression thing we've got going, the
ass kicking by Detroit would be pretty obvious. The two best selling
vehicles in the US were made by Ford and GM.
Old December 20th 08, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:33:38 -0600, "CharlesTheCurmudgeon"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
rs.com...
>>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>>
>>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>>

>>Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
>>quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
>>the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality and
>>not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to
>>quality
>>or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field, there's
>>not
>>gong to be any play.
>>
>>And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>>
>>Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
>>Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.
>>

> ]
> You are an ass.

No, you are a major liberal ASS, and you can go to HELL, as well as Plonk,
liberal *******. You should be sent to Cuba to live the rest of your life
in the People's Paridise.

Sir Charles the Curmudgeon

Old December 20th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote in message
> Can we assume that apparently you have not seen the numerous reports that
> show many of the domestic are BEATING some of the imports in customer
> quality surveys? Have you seen the CAFE lists that show many domestics
> are as good or better than imports, of the same size, when it comes to
> fuel economy and some domestic, with V6 engines, are doing nearly as good
> as imports with only 4cy engines?
>

> "CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>>
>>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>>

>> Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
>> quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
>> the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality
>> and not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to
>> quality or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field,
>> there's not gong to be any play.
>>
>> And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>>
>> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
>> Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

I know what I've seen. 14 years ago I bought a brand new American pickup.
10 years ago, I dumped it, literally. Quailty hadn't gone up since the
1960's as a matter of fact I had MORE problems with the newer American
vehicle. I currently own a Toyota of the same age as the American vehicle I
dumped in 1998. I don' t have problems with the engine or the body, at
least not yet. I did with the Chevy and it was less than 4 years old.
American manufactures want their car to be less desirable so owners will buy
a new one quicker. This is part of the DNA of the American carmakers.
They're not going to ever give that up.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm not buying a Detroit-3 vehicle ever again. And NEVER a F***ed Over
Rebuilt Dodge.

Sir Charles the Curmudgeon

Old December 20th 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Naw, they will simply lower the wages of the good old boys over time
compared to the union workers.

Old December 20th 08, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Jim Higgins

On Dec 20, 8:25*am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...
>
> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> companies may be in for an ass kicking.

The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter
or two will not be changed by the bailout. The Japanese have accepted
near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the
Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). Detroit is not too big to
fail:

Why Detroit Is Not Too Big to Fail
http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...867847,00.html

The Remains of Detroit (slideshow)
http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html

Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.
Old December 20th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

You mean like making the bigger more powerful cars trucks and SUVs that
American buyers WANTED to buy so they outsold ALL of the import brands, who
also started to make the bigger more powerful cars trucks and SUVs that
American buyers WANTED to buy, over the past ten years of so that is also
now doing in the imports?