Bush Decides On "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom"

Old December 17th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Comments4u

Default Bush Decides On "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom"

With Congress deadlocked on a possible Detroit rescue plan, and the clock
ticking away, any rescue of Detroit will have to come from President Bush.
It could be concluded that a high stakes, pressure packed, time sensitive
situation would appeal to the self described "Decider". But instead of
working on the Detroit issue, the President took the weekend off for a
visit to Iraq.

Still, criticism that Bush shirked his duty may be unjustified. He appears
to have returned inspired by the Iraqi experience and ready to apply all he
learned from it.

As with all Bush programs, it must have an appealing name, one that will
invoke feelings of country, accomplishment, and dedication to higher
principles regardless of their relevancy to the task. "American Automakers
Patriot Act" was rejected as appearing to unduly favor Chrysler, since it
builds a model called the Jeep Patriot. Bush initially favored "One Nation
Under Detroit" before deciding on "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom".

Bush expects to throw a huge amount of cash to Detroit. He will appoint
General David Petreous as Car Czar to manage the cash surge.

The President met privately on Tuesday with members of Congress known to
oppose aid for Detroit. All, despite their previous opposition, bought
Bush's explanation hook, line, and sinker, of the clear and imminent danger
posed to Detroit by foreign automakers. "It was real easy for me to change
my mind and support bailing out Detroit" said one Senator "after the
President showed me clear evidence that Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are
destroying Detroit with Weapons of Mass Production".
Old December 17th 08, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

On Dec 17, 5:59*am, Comments4u
> wrote:
> With Congress deadlocked on a possible Detroit rescue plan, and the clock
> ticking away, any rescue of Detroit will have to come from President Bush..
> It could be concluded that a high stakes, pressure packed, time sensitive
> situation would appeal to the self described "Decider". *But instead of
> working on the Detroit issue, the President took the weekend off for a
> visit to Iraq.
>
> Still, criticism that Bush shirked his duty may be unjustified. *He appears
> to have returned inspired by the Iraqi experience and ready to apply all he
> learned from it.
>
> As with all Bush programs, it must have an appealing name, one that will
> invoke feelings of country, accomplishment, and dedication to higher
> principles regardless of their relevancy to the task. *"American Automakers
> Patriot Act" was rejected as appearing to unduly favor Chrysler, since it
> builds a model called the Jeep Patriot. *Bush initially favored "One Nation
> Under Detroit" before deciding on "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom".
>
> Bush expects to throw a huge amount of cash to Detroit. *He will appoint
> General David Petreous as Car Czar to manage the cash surge.
>
> The President met privately on Tuesday with members of Congress known to
> oppose aid for Detroit. *All, despite their previous opposition, bought
> Bush's explanation hook, line, and sinker, of the clear and imminent danger
> posed to Detroit by foreign automakers. *"It was real easy for me to change
> my mind and support bailing out Detroit" said one Senator "after the
> President showed me clear evidence that Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are
> destroying Detroit with Weapons of Mass Production".

The brits have decided to support Bush.
They will be sending troops to attach all foreign factories in New
Mexico.
They will start by parachuting in some SAS men during the holidays and
close down woolworths.
Woolworths n the UK has already been used as practice for the
exercise.
Some planes since WWII will be used in order for a camoflage as being
an airshow.
During the movement of troops from england all rules of going through
security checks will be lifted.
The SAS guys will be traveling as ordinary tourists but bring bombs,
knives, shoes etc to throw at people.
Soles of shoes are considered the ultimate insult especially when
wearing them at the same time.
Old December 17th 08, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Caesar Romano

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:59:20 -0500, Comments4u
> wrote Re Bush Decides On
"Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom":

>With Congress deadlocked on a possible Detroit rescue plan, and the clock
>ticking away, any rescue of Detroit will have to come from President Bush.
>It could be concluded that a high stakes, pressure packed, time sensitive
>situation would appeal to the self described "Decider". But instead of
>working on the Detroit issue, the President took the weekend off for a
>visit to Iraq.
>
>Still, criticism that Bush shirked his duty may be unjustified. He appears
>to have returned inspired by the Iraqi experience and ready to apply all he
>learned from it.

I'll bet those shoes made him see the light.
Old December 17th 08, 10:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

Caesar Romano skrev:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:59:20 -0500, Comments4u
> > wrote Re Bush Decides On
> "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom":
>
> >With Congress deadlocked on a possible Detroit rescue plan, and the clock
> >ticking away, any rescue of Detroit will have to come from President Bush.
> >It could be concluded that a high stakes, pressure packed, time sensitive
> >situation would appeal to the self described "Decider". But instead of
> >working on the Detroit issue, the President took the weekend off for a
> >visit to Iraq.
> >
> >Still, criticism that Bush shirked his duty may be unjustified. He appears
> >to have returned inspired by the Iraqi experience and ready to apply all he
> >learned from it.

> I'll bet those shoes made him see the light.

“This is a farewell kiss, you dog,” he yelled in Arabic. “This is from
the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq.”

"In Iraqi culture, throwing shoes at someone is a sign of contempt.
When US Marines toppled Saddam Hussein’s statue on Firdos Square in
2003, the assembled crowd whacked it with their shoes.

Now they do the same to Bush and spit on him and all the US infidels

This amounts to a huge defeat for the US and Bush in particular."

"Hitting someone with a shoe is considered the supreme insult in Iraq.
It means that the target is even lower than the shoe, which is always
on the ground and dirty. Crowds hurled their shoes at the giant statue
of Saddam that stood in Baghdad's Firdos Square before helping
American marines pull it down on April 9, 2003, the day the capital
fell. More recently in the same square, a far bigger crowd composed of
Iraqis who had opposed the security agreement flung their shoes at an
effigy of Bush before burning it."

"Bush on the other hand has been referred to as Hitler, a genocidal
murderer who approves of torture and has destroyed the Constitution
and turned the US into a police state. Had BDS been reduced simply to
pretzel jokes and his inarticulate use of English, I doubt the term
BDS would ever been coined."

Old December 17th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota
Mike Hunter[_2_]

One has to wonder how many were throwing shoes at Saddam or his statue while
he was alive? All you US haters may not agree but thanks to President Bush
and the US military they now have the right to throw shoes and a lot more
rights they never had before. LOL

Old December 17th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota
JoeSpareBedroom

Hey drunk boy - if that guy now "has the right", why was he jailed?

Old December 19th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Dioclese

"Comments4u" > wrote in message
> With Congress deadlocked on a possible Detroit rescue plan, and the clock
> ticking away, any rescue of Detroit will have to come from President Bush.
> It could be concluded that a high stakes, pressure packed, time sensitive
> situation would appeal to the self described "Decider". But instead of
> working on the Detroit issue, the President took the weekend off for a
> visit to Iraq.
>
> Still, criticism that Bush shirked his duty may be unjustified. He
> appears
> to have returned inspired by the Iraqi experience and ready to apply all
> he
> learned from it.
>
> As with all Bush programs, it must have an appealing name, one that will
> invoke feelings of country, accomplishment, and dedication to higher
> principles regardless of their relevancy to the task. "American
> Automakers
> Patriot Act" was rejected as appearing to unduly favor Chrysler, since it
> builds a model called the Jeep Patriot. Bush initially favored "One
> Nation
> Under Detroit" before deciding on "Operation Continuing Detroit Freedom".
>
> Bush expects to throw a huge amount of cash to Detroit. He will appoint
> General David Petreous as Car Czar to manage the cash surge.
>
> The President met privately on Tuesday with members of Congress known to
> oppose aid for Detroit. All, despite their previous opposition, bought
> Bush's explanation hook, line, and sinker, of the clear and imminent
> danger
> posed to Detroit by foreign automakers. "It was real easy for me to
> change
> my mind and support bailing out Detroit" said one Senator "after the
> President showed me clear evidence that Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are
> destroying Detroit with Weapons of Mass Production".

Could one conclude that the Republican Senate purposely put down the
"bailout" bill so Bush could go out in glory saving Detroit, or at least 2
of the 3?

In light of Madoff and Bla-what's his name, would not surprise me.
--
Dave

2008 Focus , 5 spd no frills coupe- to date per fillup - 33 mpg low - 39 mpg
high.

How much CO footprint to remove and transport basic materials for batteries
and to manufacture the batteries for the Ford Fusion and any other hybrid?

Old December 19th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
edward ohare

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:35:01 -0600, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

>Could one conclude that the Republican Senate purposely put down the
>"bailout" bill so Bush could go out in glory saving Detroit, or at least 2
>of the 3?

Interesting idea. The question is can he... or anyone... save
Detroit... assuming "save" means that within a few years they'll be
unsubsidized profit making companies. (If "save" means subsidizing
their losses forever, then of course than can be saved.)

Having gotten responses from my Representative and one Senator to the
**second** letter I sent them (still no response at all from the other
Senator) I can say that at least these two have no knowledge of the
car business (and perhaps no business knowledge at all). They don't
acknowledge industry wide overcapacity, and just say we have to save
the jobs. I have told them they need to pick one company and go with
that.

>In light of Madoff and Bla-what's his name, would not surprise me.

As far as the congressional Republicans trying to help Bush, I think
its important to keep in mind that this is a lame duck Congress, some
aren't coming back in January, and some of can blame George for them
losing their jobs.
Old December 19th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Dioclese

"edward ohare" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:35:01 -0600, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:
>

>>Could one conclude that the Republican Senate purposely put down the
>>"bailout" bill so Bush could go out in glory saving Detroit, or at least 2
>>of the 3?

> Interesting idea. The question is can he... or anyone... save
> Detroit... assuming "save" means that within a few years they'll be
> unsubsidized profit making companies. (If "save" means subsidizing
> their losses forever, then of course than can be saved.)

Right now, Ford doesn't need help

> Having gotten responses from my Representative and one Senator to the
> **second** letter I sent them (still no response at all from the other
> Senator) I can say that at least these two have no knowledge of the
> car business (and perhaps no business knowledge at all). They don't
> acknowledge industry wide overcapacity, and just say we have to save
> the jobs. I have told them they need to pick one company and go with
> that.
>

>>In light of Madoff and Bla-what's his name, would not surprise me.

> As far as the congressional Republicans trying to help Bush, I think
> its important to keep in mind that this is a lame duck Congress, some
> aren't coming back in January, and some of can blame George for them
> losing their jobs.

Both are scratching each other's backs in reality. You make it sound
unusual by their appearances. How would you expect them to exhibit their
actual motives? Bush will live in la-la land in Dallas, and, the ousted
Repbulicans will get some cushy job in a big corporate office that they
saved directly or indirectly with TARP. Life is tough. Just ask Madoff if
in doubt
--
Dave

Old December 19th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Every other county in the world that has a automotive manufacturer
subsidizes their industry. Japan subsidizes more than others

m...