Ford Fusion reverse gear

Old June 29th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Dioclese

Default Ford Fusion reverse gear

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:19:37 -0700, Alan Mac Farlane wrote:
>
>> old age ... metal fatigue ... confluence of events.

> Made in Mexico...

Good dart may have missed it mark.
Vehicle is currently assembled in Mexico, not sure about 2006. Is the 2006
Fusion manual transmission made in another country? 2008/2009 Focus 5 speed
manual is made in France for example. Mazda engine for Focus 2.4L. Focus
is assembled in Michigan.
--
Dave

Old June 29th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Alan Mac Farlane

Toyota MDT in MO wrote:

>> :?
>>

> ? indeed. Did your post have a point?

It is on Brother Pat Robertson Speartip of God out getting all his 700
Clubbers first, and all US heathens, atheists, Constitutionalists,
slanti eyed alein devils, condom lovers, homosexual lovers, stem cell
lovers, and medical marijuana lovers later ... are all going to hell as
Jesus is going to kill them and cast them to the winds with all his
enemies like they were Dutch Jews. Well, after he gets all the 700
Clubbers first ... when Pat Robertson finally gets squewered by His
Spearchucking God ... get a helmet, duck like the donald, run for your
lives.

The point will get you in the end ... just be patient.

sumbuddie saw this on tee vee

:?
Old June 29th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Alan Mac Farlane

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:19:37 -0700, Alan Mac Farlane wrote:
>
>> old age ... metal fatigue ... confluence of events.

> Made in Mexico...

bawwwwwahaahhahahahahaa ...

here is my best Deniro ...

hey ... funnnieeeee
Old June 29th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Alan Mac Farlane

that is why I go for the automatics ... the new ATs go into neutral and
coast .. so they get the same gas mileage, tire mileage, and brake
mileage as manual transmissions.

Mind you ... getting and holding the gear you want is good ... like on
the Ice Road ... no automatics up there much.

BMW ... is developing the "Infinity Gear Transmission" ... where one
will have a high torque engine, maybe a V-12 with pistons the size of
salt shakers, a large fly wheel .. and it will just sit at idle. Maybe
even a high compression diesel engine.

Then all one will have is a Transmission Pedal on the floor ... and burn
rubber at any speed with the engine at idle.

It is coming ...

sumbuddie on da watchtower

:?

Old June 30th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:49:09 -0700, Alan Mac Farlane wrote:

> Toyota MDT in MO wrote:
>
>>> :?
>>>

>> ? indeed. Did your post have a point?
>>

> It is on Brother Pat Robertson Speartip of God out getting all his 700
> Clubbers first, and all US heathens, atheists, Constitutionalists,
> slanti eyed alein devils, condom lovers, homosexual lovers, stem cell
> lovers, and medical marijuana lovers later ... are all going to hell as
> Jesus is going to kill them and cast them to the winds with all his
> enemies like they were Dutch Jews. Well, after he gets all the 700
> Clubbers first ... when Pat Robertson finally gets squewered by His
> Spearchucking God ... get a helmet, duck like the donald, run for your
> lives.
>
> The point will get you in the end ... just be patient.
>
> sumbuddie saw this on tee vee
>
> :?

Dude! Loosen the tin-foil hat!!!

Old June 30th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:47:09 -0500, Dioclese wrote:

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> news

>>> ? indeed. Did your post have a point?

>> I *THINK* he was telling him to take it do the dealer and try to press for
>> warranty repair. I know Toyota now has 3 years, 36,000 miles, and if they
>> have a warranty like that on good cars, Ford must cover them for life...
>>

>> *STOP THE FLAMES!!!* I like Fords. Except Focuses. Cool car with the
>> reliablitiy of a Volkswagen...
>>

> Guess I really screwed up then. In '92, I bought a 1988 VW Fox GL wagon.
> 1.8L/4 speed manual. I put alot of money into it, but nowhere near matchng
> new car payments of any vehicle for a few years. 35 city/highway average.
> Clutch assembly replaced twice, tranny once, same engine in its lifetime.
> Was reliable till last year. Car pulled left from opposing lane in front of
> me. VW was beyond economical repair, beyond total insurance reimbursement.
> Mileage was over 350K.

Hmmm....same motor as my Jetta.
Fox wagon was a cool car. And I know of some Rabbit diesel 'trucks' that
have gone >500,000 miles!!

They're too sporadic. If you get a good one, you really have a good car.
But if you get a bad one...

Too bad they can't get a better hold of their quality control. VW makes
some very cool cars.

> Took insurance monies and my some of my own savings to put monies down
> on a 2008 Focus 5 spd manual, no frills whatsoever. 2 year extended
> warranty as well. All last year. Took delivery on Aug. 1st. Had
> dealer change oil/filter 3 times since. That's all the maintenance
> done. Approx. 6700 miles to date. Should I look for 350K miles again?

I wouldn't hold my breath...

Old June 30th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:12:36 -0500, Toyota MDT in MO wrote:

> Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:

>>> ? indeed. Did your post have a point?
>>>

>> I *THINK* he was telling him to take it do the dealer and try to press for
>> warranty repair. I know Toyota now has 3 years, 36,000 miles, and if they
>> have a warranty like that on good cars, Ford must cover them for life...
>>

> Toyota offers 5/60 on powertrain, actually. You may be thinking of
> Honda who still holds onto their 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty (and
> seems to still sell cars).

YOU know I'm a Toyota fan. I had one Honda...Had One Never Did Again...
Only because Toyotas are more accessible. I almost got a Honda Civic Si in
2006 instead of my Scion tC, but there was a 3-4 month wait. Just like in
1977 when I wanted an 'original' Accord...

>> *STOP THE FLAMES!!!* I like Fords. Except Focuses. Cool car with the
>> reliablitiy of a Volkswagen...
>>

> The flames would never have started had you not said that you like
> Fords! :-) Ironically, if I had to recommend a Ford based on
> reliability, price, and cost of ownership, I would probably start with
> the Focus. That's not saying much, but I do love me some devil's advocate.

The Focus is another cool car gone awry. We had one on the lot; probably
didn't sell because it was the funky looking 3-door ZX3 in...yellow....
Now, I like yellow! I matched the color and sprayed a God-Awful Green
Krylon Tercel AWD wagon someone gave me, and then pearl-coated it to make
it *REALLY* glow!

That Focus was one hell of a car! Fast, comfortable, innovative, and I
like quirky looking cars, so I dug it. It was also a 2000, 2nd year IIRC,
so being an American product I was a little leery.

The Taurus was a good car. When you stamp out >1/4 mil in 8 months, you're
bound to have some troubles. Likewise for the Ranger. Get a halfway decent
one, and you have a good little truck.

Personally, I've wanted one of these since I was 9 years old...

http://www.drivenshow.ca/edmonton/im...40-08-1024.jpg

Old June 30th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Derek Gee

"Mike Walsh" > wrote in message

> In the US the warranty is 3 years; it is 3 months out of warranty.

When exactly did you buy it? Ford upped the powertrain warranty to 60,000
miles for 2006 models purchased after July 14, 2006.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116108

Derek

Old June 30th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

Alan Mac Farlane wrote:
> Toyota MDT in MO wrote:
>
>>> :?
>>>

>> ? indeed. Did your post have a point?
>>

> It is on Brother Pat Robertson Speartip of God out getting all his 700
> Clubbers first, and all US heathens, atheists, Constitutionalists,
> slanti eyed alein devils, condom lovers, homosexual lovers, stem cell
> lovers, and medical marijuana lovers later ... are all going to hell
> as Jesus is going to kill them and cast them to the winds with all his
> enemies like they were Dutch Jews. Well, after he gets all the 700
> Clubbers first ... when Pat Robertson finally gets squewered by His
> Spearchucking God ... get a helmet, duck like the donald, run for your
> lives.
>
> The point will get you in the end ... just be patient.
>
> sumbuddie saw this on tee vee
>
> :?

So the answer was 'no', you didn't have a point. I won't bother reading
your crap anymore. Thanks!

--
Toyota MDT in MO
Old June 30th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
HLS

"Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
news

> They're too sporadic. If you get a good one, you really have a good car.
> But if you get a bad one...

I have owned two Passats, and they were both darn good, but I have had
friends who owned
them (Passats and the new Beetle) and they were a PITA. It IS sporadic.

I wrote to the CEO of VWUSA a couple of years ago and entreated him to
become involved
to improve the quality and to support the client. I, not unexpectedly, got
a reply that he
was deeply involved, dedicated to improving quality, etc etc.

Action talks, bull**** walks