'95 Talon unexpected rust problem

Old May 8th 05, 02:14 AM

Default '95 Talon unexpected rust problem

My '95 Eagle Talon has alot of rust around the right front strut tower,
such that the upper part of the 'A' arm is no longer attached to the
car. Every repairman I've talked to said driving on it was "dangerous"
and fixing it would take a lot of time (which equals expensive). The
car is in great shape except for this problem, despite it being 10
years old and 147,000 miles.

I filed a complaint with the NHTSA, but I was wondering if anyone else
is having this problem.(?)

Also, one repairman said he'd have to cut the rusted piece off the
chasis, weld a new one on, then "reset the chassis tension". Any
expert out there know what "reset the chassis tension" means?

thanks,
-Jim B

Old May 8th 05, 04:38 AM
Joe

I'd give it up if I were you. You could piece a bunch of stuff together and
weld it up, but why bother?

oups.com...