tire history

Old July 11th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Greg Russell

Default tire history

Greetings,

I'm trying to research the history of rubber tire manufacturing in North
America, and am searching for the corporate logo of a manufacturer called
"OK Tires". The best information I have from memory is that it's the white
letters "OK" surrounded by some colored bands of some kind, possibly red and
blue.

My searches have so far failed to produce any online image of this corporate
logo. Do any of you have information about it that you're willing to share,
please? Especially appreciated will be a URL to the image being sought.

Thank you.

Old July 11th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
fred

"Greg Russell" > wrote in
:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to research the history of rubber tire manufacturing in North
> America, and am searching for the corporate logo of a manufacturer
> called "OK Tires". The best information I have from memory is that it's
> the white letters "OK" surrounded by some colored bands of some kind,
> possibly red and blue.
>
> My searches have so far failed to produce any online image of this
> corporate logo.

*Really*? Where did you search? The first company hit on a web search came
up with it on the top of the page. You're impression of the logo isn't
even close.

Old July 12th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"fred" > wrote in message
> "Greg Russell" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm trying to research the history of rubber tire manufacturing in North
>> America, and am searching for the corporate logo of a manufacturer
>> called "OK Tires". The best information I have from memory is that it's
>> the white letters "OK" surrounded by some colored bands of some kind,
>> possibly red and blue.
>>
>> My searches have so far failed to produce any online image of this
>> corporate logo.

> *Really*? Where did you search? The first company hit on a web search came
> up with it on the top of the page. You're impression of the logo isn't
> even close.

I think he was speaking to the brand of tires called OK, not the OK Tire
stores from OKlahoma.

Old July 12th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
fred

"krp" > wrote in
:

> "fred" > wrote in message
>> "Greg Russell" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to research the history of rubber tire manufacturing in
>>> North America, and am searching for the corporate logo of a
>>> manufacturer called "OK Tires". The best information I have from
>>> memory is that it's the white letters "OK" surrounded by some colored
>>> bands of some kind, possibly red and blue.
>>>
>>> My searches have so far failed to produce any online image of this
>>> corporate logo.

>> *Really*? Where did you search? The first company hit on a web search
>> came up with it on the top of the page. You're impression of the logo
>> isn't even close.
>>

> I think he was speaking to the brand of tires called OK, not the OK Tire
> stores from OKlahoma.

Defunct you mean? patent or copyright office would be the only place.
Maybe the reference section of a *big* library.

Old July 12th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"fred" > wrote in message
> "krp" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "fred" > wrote in message
>>> "Greg Russell" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> *Really*? Where did you search? The first company hit on a web search
>>> came up with it on the top of the page. You're impression of the logo
>>> isn't even close.
>>>

>> I think he was speaking to the brand of tires called OK, not the OK Tire
>> stores from OKlahoma.
>>

> Defunct you mean? patent or copyright office would be the only place.
> Maybe the reference section of a *big* library.

I am pretty sure the company went out sometime in the 50's or 60's, I
have NO idea where to find info. I could have been a "STORE" brand as well.
Maybe a lead would be to contact one of those OK Tire Stores. Probably he'll
have to contact somebody higher up in the company who knows its history.
Apparently the stores' history goes back to the 40's,