2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add to the car

Old March 8th 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add to the car

I sold my 96 a few weeks ago and have been looking for a 99 - 01 car.
I found a blue one. Love the color. Not sure about modifications.
Car has the following. Would these kill re-sale or would they have no
affect.

* Hurst Short Throw Shifter
* Vara-Ram Ram Air
* TPIS Long Tube Headers
* Corsa Touring Exhaust
* 3.90 Rear End With Hardened Shaft
* 18
* Dyno Tuned At JD Auto
* Engine Has Approximately 410 Horsepower
I don;t need the stuff. It is already on the car.

You know, my car was a bitch getting in and out. BUT the seats were
definitely better then the 05 seats. My $0.02 anyway.

Old March 8th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Humm, I would tend wonder how many short trips it made?

Old March 8th 06, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

low miles, only driven on sundays.
any mods will hurt the value, for the most part

Old March 8th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

It will devalue the car in 50 years. Do you care? If the seller threw
the old parts out then pick up replacements on ebay while they're
common and store them.

Two concerns I would have:

1. The seller probably wants to get the investment back out of the
sale price

2. I'd never own another car with headers. Unless everything lines up
perfectly then get used to replacing gaskets.

-rev

Old March 8th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add...

'Would these kill re-sale or would they have no affect.
*** Hurst Short Throw Shifter
*** Vara-Ram Ram Air
*** TPIS Long Tube Headers
*** Corsa Touring Exhaust
*** 3.90 Rear End With Hardened Shaft
*** 18
*** Dyno Tuned At JD Auto
*** Engine Has Approximately 410 Horsepower I don;t need the stuff.
It is already on the car.'

REPLY: Chances are, the previous owner did these mods for racing with
that rear-gear and Hurst shifter ..although it may have still been a
street only car. To answer your question, it could be a real selling
point if a prospective buyer likes getting a car with a good h.p./tq
upgrade over stock ; the opposite is true if the potential buyer doesnt
really need these mods AND...if he gets the idea that maybe this car was
raced and put thru its paces , regularly. Those are my thoughts. Me
personally, i would find the mods somewhat appealing but would question
how hard the car was driven. Hope this gives you some food for thought.
Dave.

Old March 8th 06, 08:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

'Would these kill re-sale or would they have no affect.
* Hurst Short Throw Shifter
* Vara-Ram Ram Air
* TPIS Long Tube Headers
* Corsa Touring Exhaust
* 3.90 Rear End With Hardened Shaft
* 18
* Dyno Tuned At JD Auto
* Engine Has Approximately 410 Horsepower I don;t need the
stuff.
It is already on the car.'
==============================

noticed on the Barrett Jackson Auction.
when some of the older cars had mods that was an improvment
over the origional.
it didn't effect the value and in some cases, it helped.
looks like its what the buyers really want from year to
year.

my2˘
--
"Key"

Old March 8th 06, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

The real desirable cars in the BJ......
any mod at all kills the value :-)

I can waste hours and hours and hours watching that damn BJ auction.
LOLOL

>noticed on the Barrett Jackson Auction.
>when some of the older cars had mods that was an improvment
>over the origional.
>it didn't effect the value and in some cases, it helped.
>looks like its what the buyers really want from year to
>year.
>
>my2˘

I wouldn't be too interested in that Vette with the gear change in
particular.
That tells me it's probably been run hard and put away wet often.

Now having said that my Vette has most of those mods and it's been
beyond babied
it's whole life, and when the time comes to sell it someone will get a
cherry completely
life documented Vette. But I consider myself the exception to the
rule.... ;-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old March 9th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:15:58 -0600, Bob I > puked:

>Humm, I would tend wonder how many short trips it made?

You have a point, but those mods look more like driver upgrades than
serious racing changes. Still, the car could have been abused on the
street...

>rebco10 wrote:
>
>> I sold my 96 a few weeks ago and have been looking for a 99 - 01 car.
>> I found a blue one. Love the color. Not sure about modifications.
>> Car has the following. Would these kill re-sale or would they have no
>> affect.
>>
>> * Hurst Short Throw Shifter
>> * Vara-Ram Ram Air
>> * TPIS Long Tube Headers
>> * Corsa Touring Exhaust
>> * 3.90 Rear End With Hardened Shaft
>> * 18
>> * Dyno Tuned At JD Auto
>> * Engine Has Approximately 410 Horsepower
>> I don;t need the stuff. It is already on the car.
>>
>> You know, my car was a bitch getting in and out. BUT the seats were
>> definitely better then the 05 seats. My $0.02 anyway.

--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old March 9th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Except for the gear change, that ain't a bolt-on
and costs a few bucks in parts and labor.

Old March 9th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:40:29 -0600, RicSeyler >
puked:

>Except for the gear change, that ain't a bolt-on
>and costs a few bucks in parts and labor.

True, he could have blown the stock rear.