Govt officials call for lowering drunk driving threshold to BAC of .05

Old December 11th 12, 09:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Default Repost__121112__DVD01 by Autos - "1940 oldsmobile-03 =Vintage.jpg" 316.8 KBytes

Old May 15th 13, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

Default Govt officials call for lowering drunk driving threshold to BAC of .05

The auto industry will fight this since they love car crashes. Car
crashes mean car sales. Obozo will fight it since his beloved daddy
was a serial drunk driver who once killed a man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...f7c_story.html

US officials recommend lowering drunken driving threshold to .05 blood
alcohol to save lives - The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — States should cut their threshold for drunken driving by
nearly half— from .08 blood alcohol level to .05_matching a standard
that has substantially reduced highway deaths in other countries, a
federal safety board recommended Tuesday. That’s about one drink for a
woman weighing less than 120 pounds, two for a 160-pound man.

More than 100 countries have adopted the .05 alcohol content standard
or lower, according to a report by the staff of the National
Transportation Safety Board. In Europe, the share of traffic deaths
attributable to drunken driving was reduced by more than half within
10 years after the standard was dropped, the report said.

NTSB officials said it wasn’t their intention to prevent drivers from
having a glass of wine with dinner, but they acknowledged that under a
threshold as low as .05 the safest thing for people who have only one
or two drinks is not to drive at all.

A drink is defined as 12 ounces of beer, 4 ounces of wine, or 1 ounce
of 80-proof alcohol in most studies
__________________

Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals
put together!

NAACP = Negro Affirmative Action, Caucasian Persecution
Old May 15th 13, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

This would undoubtedly prevent thousands of highway killings every
year. Same with lowering the speed limit to 55 and banning cell phones
in cars. But the idiot public says "Hell with it. It's more important
to combat terrorism" even though bee stings kill more americans than
terrorism.
__________________

Old May 16th 13, 09:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
K Wills

On Wed, 15 May 2013 09:49:27 -0700 (PDT), "Criminal Drivers Murder
35,000 Americans a Year" > wrote:

>This would undoubtedly prevent thousands of highway killings every
>year.

Aren't the majority of highway deaths due to speeding and road
conditions, not drunk driving?
I don't have the stats on hand, and I don't feel like looking
them up (you need to prove your claim, I don't need to disprove it),
but drunk drivers are often on city streets.
And yes, I am aware some are on highways. But I still question
your claim.

>Same with lowering the speed limit to 55 and banning cell phones
>in cars. But the idiot public says "Hell with it. It's more important
>to combat terrorism" even though bee stings kill more americans than
>terrorism.

I don't see the connection. Terrorism is dealt with on a federal
level, while speed limits are a state matter.

--
"Pulled pork tacos.
"Greasy, messy, pulled pork tacos."
Old May 16th 13, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Greegor

Police are already unable to stop drivers
who are absolutely pickled and stagger
out of large bars and drive away.

Police DO NOT focus on people leaving large bars.
Apparently focusing on people leaving a bar
would be seen as entrapment or unfair somehow.
I don't buy it but that's what a cop told me.

This .05 BAC proposal would enable Police
to waste time on the "small fish" yet show
an impressive score sheet for arresting
"drunk drivers".

Instead of busting the SERIOUSLY drunk drivers
cops would be more busy wasting time on the
"small fish".

Wouldn't our streets be safer if the BAC limit
was put at .10 but seriously and severely enforced?

Instead of criminalizing tens of thousands of
lightweights, why not focus more on the few
hardcore drunks and repeat offenders who
actually do the worst damage?

Who is the obsessive OP and why do
they seem to be so completely unaware
of the real world? Aspies much?
Old May 16th 13, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

On May 16, 9:45*am, Greegor > wrote:
..

> Police DO NOT focus on people leaving large bars.
> Apparently focusing on people leaving a bar
> would be seen as entrapment or unfair somehow.
> I don't buy it but that's what a cop told me.

Entrapment? HAHAHA. Did you really say that.?

You fish where the fish are.
Old May 16th 13, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Greegor

On May 16, 11:38*am, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> On May 16, 9:45*am, Greegor > wrote:
> .
>

> > Police DO NOT focus on people leaving large bars.
> > Apparently focusing on people leaving a bar
> > would be seen as entrapment or unfair somehow.
> > I don't buy it but that's what a cop told me.

> Entrapment? *HAHAHA.
> Did you really say that.?

I didn't say it, a cop did.
Reading comprehension problems?

> You fish where the fish are.

Maybe one of the other cops owned
the bar, was getting paid by the bar
or a cops brother owns the bar?

Selective enforcement for such reasons
is not unusual.

BAC standards are state laws, but
purchased by federal authorities in
exchange for Federal Highway funding.

It's a "states right" that is purchased from
each state with Federal Highway money.

That is exactly how the .08 BAC was enacted
in US state after US state across the country
BY THE FEDS.

This is not the only situation where
the FEDS bought state laws like this.

This modus operandi raises questions
about the value and the very nature
of "states rights".

Old May 17th 13, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Bill Graham

Greegor wrote:
> Police are already unable to stop drivers
> who are absolutely pickled and stagger
> out of large bars and drive away.
>
> Police DO NOT focus on people leaving large bars.
> Apparently focusing on people leaving a bar
> would be seen as entrapment or unfair somehow.
> I don't buy it but that's what a cop told me.
>
> This .05 BAC proposal would enable Police
> to waste time on the "small fish" yet show
> an impressive score sheet for arresting
> "drunk drivers".
>
> Instead of busting the SERIOUSLY drunk drivers
> cops would be more busy wasting time on the
> "small fish".
>
> Wouldn't our streets be safer if the BAC limit
> was put at .10 but seriously and severely enforced?
>
> Instead of criminalizing tens of thousands of
> lightweights, why not focus more on the few
> hardcore drunks and repeat offenders who
> actually do the worst damage?
>
> Who is the obsessive OP and why do
> they seem to be so completely unaware
> of the real world? Aspies much?

Depends on where you live. The police stopped and ticketed a friend of mine
once for staggering out of a bar and,.....Walking home! He knew he was too
drunk to drive, and only lived about four blocks from the bar, so he walked.
The cops got him for being drunk in public. This was, (of course) in
California, the most liberal place in the world.

Old May 17th 13, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa

On May 16, 1:53*pm, Greegor > wrote:
> On May 16, 11:38*am, "Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
>
> > wrote:
> > On May 16, 9:45*am, Greegor > wrote:
> > .

> > > Police DO NOT focus on people leaving large bars.
> > > Apparently focusing on people leaving a bar
> > > would be seen as entrapment or unfair somehow.
> > > I don't buy it but that's what a cop told me.

> > Entrapment? *HAHAHA.
> > Did you really say that.?

> I didn't say it, a cop did.
> Reading comprehension problems?
>
> > You fish where the fish are.

> Maybe one of the other cops owned
> the bar, was getting paid by the bar
> or a cops brother owns the bar?
>
> Selective enforcement for such reasons
> is not unusual.
>
> BAC standards are state laws, but
> purchased by federal authorities in
> exchange for Federal Highway funding.
>
> It's a "states right" that is purchased from
> each state with Federal Highway money.
>
> That is exactly how the .08 BAC was enacted
> in US state after US state across the country
> BY THE FEDS.
>
> This is not the only situation where
> the FEDS bought state laws like this.
>
> This modus operandi raises questions
> about the value and the very nature
> of "states rights".

I agree DUI is a state issue and the feds should stay out of it.
Federal DUI laws are clearly unconstitutional but then, that's true
of 95% of federal laws.
Old May 17th 13, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.legal,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa

On May 16, 5:18*pm, "Bill Graham" > wrote:

> Depends on where you live. The police stopped and ticketed a friend of mine
> once for staggering out of a bar and,.....Walking home! He knew he was too
> drunk to drive, and only lived about four blocks from the bar, so he walked.
> The cops got him for being drunk in public. This was, (of course) in
> California, the most liberal place in the world.

Sounds good to me. We must stop ALL drunk drivers, even innocent ones.

Drunk Driving Marcus[_6_] Driving 9 August 21st 11 08:16 PM
dRuNk dRIviNG iS FuN Chronocidal Charlie Driving 1 January 11th 09 10:23 PM
Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving? donquijote1954 Driving 299 January 4th 08 12:58 AM
Ravens QB McNair charged w drunk-driving though not drunk and notdriving Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 5 May 17th 07 01:21 AM
Closest call (driving) you've ever had [email protected] Driving 5 March 14th 06 01:38 AM