RSC's warning system, racist?

Old August 30th 05, 07:02 AM
Jeff Reid

Default RSC's warning system, racist?

Note the colors they chose for their infractions.
Is this a form of racism?

yellow - minor offense - a reference to Asians?
red - major offence - a reference to North American and other Indians?
black - extreme offence and banned - a reference to Africans?

Why not use non-race associated colors, like green, blue, purple?

Old August 30th 05, 07:22 AM
reggie white

Jeff Reid wrote:
> Note the colors they chose for their infractions.
> Is this a form of racism?
>
> yellow - minor offense - a reference to Asians?
> red - major offence - a reference to North American and other Indians?
> black - extreme offence and banned - a reference to Africans?
>
> Why not use non-race associated colors, like green, blue, purple?

it is a known fact that this web page is a haven for racists as is the
race industry in general. there has been a systematic movement to
intimidate and harass minorities such as me as well as blacks and asians
from the sport.
Old August 30th 05, 10:29 AM
Sim Racer

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> Note the colors they chose for their infractions.
> Is this a form of racism?
>
> yellow - minor offense - a reference to Asians?
> red - major offence - a reference to North American and other Indians?
> black - extreme offence and banned - a reference to Africans?
>
> Why not use non-race associated colors, like green, blue, purple?

The colours are from the flags used in real racing, in order of severity -
yellow flag (slow down), red flag (race stopped), black flag (driver
disqualified). Nothing to do with racism IMHO.

Old August 30th 05, 11:02 AM
whooo

Jeff Reid wrote:
> Note the colors they chose for their infractions.
> Is this a form of racism?
>
> yellow - minor offense - a reference to Asians?
> red - major offence - a reference to North American and other Indians?
> black - extreme offence and banned - a reference to Africans?
>
> Why not use non-race associated colors, like green, blue, purple?

Jeff, let it go, mate.
Old August 30th 05, 06:06 PM
Jeff Reid

> The colours are from the flags used in real racing, in order of severity - yellow flag (slow down), red flag (race
> stopped), black flag (driver disqualified). Nothing to do with racism IMHO.

It's a generic bbs forum software package that does this.

I think it's more likely that the colors are from soccer, not racing.
After all the other non-racing sim forums that use it, mention
yellow card and red card (and they don't use public warnings for
first offenses).

Old August 30th 05, 08:33 PM
Tony Rickard

Jeff Reid wrote:
>>The colours are from the flags used in real racing, in order of severity - yellow flag (slow down), red flag (race
>>stopped), black flag (driver disqualified). Nothing to do with racism IMHO.

> It's a generic bbs forum software package that does this.
>
> I think it's more likely that the colors are from soccer, not racing.
> After all the other non-racing sim forums that use it, mention
> yellow card and red card (and they don't use public warnings for
> first offenses).

At least you have answered your own question, otherwise I sense a one
man campaign to ban racist traffic lights all over the world for some
more politically sensitive pastel shades...

Old August 30th 05, 08:39 PM
whooo

Tony Rickard wrote:
> Jeff Reid wrote:
>
>>> The colours are from the flags used in real racing, in order of
>>> severity - yellow flag (slow down), red flag (race stopped), black
>>> flag (driver disqualified). Nothing to do with racism IMHO.

>> It's a generic bbs forum software package that does this.
>>
>> I think it's more likely that the colors are from soccer, not racing.
>> After all the other non-racing sim forums that use it, mention
>> yellow card and red card (and they don't use public warnings for
>> first offenses).

> At least you have answered your own question, otherwise I sense a one
> man campaign to ban racist traffic lights all over the world for some
> more politically sensitive pastel shades...

LOL!
Old August 30th 05, 11:06 PM
Goy Larsen

Tony Rickard wrote:

> Jeff Reid wrote:
> >>The colours are from the flags used in real racing, in order of severity - yellow flag (slow down), red flag (race
> >>stopped), black flag (driver disqualified). Nothing to do with racism IMHO.

> > It's a generic bbs forum software package that does this.
> >
> > I think it's more likely that the colors are from soccer, not racing.
> > After all the other non-racing sim forums that use it, mention
> > yellow card and red card (and they don't use public warnings for
> > first offenses).

> At least you have answered your own question, otherwise I sense a one
> man campaign to ban racist traffic lights all over the world for some
> more politically sensitive pastel shades...

Funny, but slightly disappointing not to find a single Monty Python
reference in your reply, have you lost the touch ?

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old August 30th 05, 11:28 PM
Tony Rickard

Goy Larsen wrote:

>>At least you have answered your own question, otherwise I sense a one
>>man campaign to ban racist traffic lights all over the world for some
>>more politically sensitive pastel shades...

> Funny, but slightly disappointing not to find a single Monty Python
> reference in your reply, have you lost the touch ?

Goy, I believe you are suggesting that Jeff is a symbol of the
oppression of the evil force known only as RSC and we should refer to
him from this point on as "Loretta" and fight for his right to have babies.

Some will be quick to point out that he can't actually have babies, not
having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even RSC's, but that he can
have the right to have babies, which is symbolic of his struggle against
oppression.
Old August 31st 05, 01:29 AM
Jeff Reid

>>> I think it's more likely that the colors are from soccer, not racing.
>>> After all the other non-racing sim forums that use it, mention
>>> yellow card and red card (and they don't use public warnings for
>>> first offenses).

First I was being a bit sarcastic with this thread, but nobody got
it, so I mentioned soccer, since the few forums that have such
a system refer to yellow cards and red cards.

>> At least you have answered your own question, otherwise I sense a one man campaign to ban racist traffic lights all
>> over the world for some more politically sensitive pastel shades...

At least there aren't any green people, and please don't give
the USA judges or congress any ideas.

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
Tire pressure warning system for cars MANDATORY by 2008 Jim Yanik Driving 0 April 9th 05 05:52 AM
HELP!!!! WARNING LIGHTS - cooling system and oil pressure low JoeC1210 Audi 1 December 24th 04 03:18 AM