Symphony II no AF function?

Old July 28th 06, 11:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jim[_5_]

Default Symphony II no AF function?

I have an '03 A4 with Symphony II radio. The AF function (where the radio
automatically re-tunes to the strongest signal for stations which transmit
on several fequencies regionally) does not work.

As I drive around the country, I must manually re-tune the radio as the
signal fades. My previous A4 with concert radio had a working AF function.

Is there any menu on the radio to enable AF (I have the RDS function
enabled), or is mine broken?

Thanks,

Jim.

Old August 1st 06, 12:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dan_xtc

I may be wrong, but on the Audi Concert, you access the 'hidden' menu
of options by first switching the unit off, and holding in the TP
button as you switch it back on, then let go.

This give you access to all kinds of options like GALA volume, TP,
tuning sensitivity etc... You change between the options using the TP
button and change the value using the volume knob.

Save the options by switching the set off again.

I hope this works for you? Please let us know!

Regards
Dan

Old August 5th 06, 10:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jim[_5_]

On the Sympnony II, you can access the same functions by holding the menu
button when you switch on. The AF function isn't one of them though :-(
There are also some weird hidden menus accessed by holding in one of the
preselect buttons (different menu for each button) when powering on, like a
"real frequency" display, which shows a load of ever-changing umbers which
don't relate to anything obvious.
Still no AF enable there either.
I think I might have a problem with my radio, as I think it should have that
function - re-tuning while driving up country is a PITA.
oups.com...

Old August 7th 06, 08:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dan_xtc

Ah, damn, thought it might be buried down in the menus somewhere.

Try the guys on AudiWorld.com - they seem to know their stuff. Best of
luck.

Jim wrote:
> On the Sympnony II, you can access the same functions by holding the menu
> button when you switch on. The AF function isn't one of them though :-(
> There are also some weird hidden menus accessed by holding in one of the
> preselect buttons (different menu for each button) when powering on, like a
> "real frequency" display, which shows a load of ever-changing umbers which
> don't relate to anything obvious.
> Still no AF enable there either.
> I think I might have a problem with my radio, as I think it should have that
> function - re-tuning while driving up country is a PITA.
> "dan_xtc" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I may be wrong, but on the Audi Concert, you access the 'hidden' menu
> > of options by first switching the unit off, and holding in the TP
> > button as you switch it back on, then let go.
> >
> > This give you access to all kinds of options like GALA volume, TP,
> > tuning sensitivity etc... You change between the options using the TP
> > button and change the value using the volume knob.
> >
> > Save the options by switching the set off again.
> >
> > I hope this works for you? Please let us know!
> >
> > Regards
> > Dan
> >
> > Jim wrote:
> >> I have an '03 A4 with Symphony II radio. The AF function (where the radio
> >> automatically re-tunes to the strongest signal for stations which
> >> transmit
> >> on several fequencies regionally) does not work.
> >>
> >> As I drive around the country, I must manually re-tune the radio as the
> >> signal fades. My previous A4 with concert radio had a working AF
> >> function.
> >>
> >> Is there any menu on the radio to enable AF (I have the RDS function
> >> enabled), or is mine broken?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jim.

AWA [OFFER] OE Fit,Form and Function New Starters [email protected] General 0 June 6th 06 04:51 PM
multi function swith mab6680 Ford Explorer 5 December 9th 05 06:29 AM
emulator - print copies Howard Slomer Saturn 1 February 22nd 05 09:25 PM
A4 automatic locking function al1 Audi 5 November 27th 04 03:57 PM
Help. TMC function for Sat Nav in the UK Nicholas Nicolaides BMW 4 September 26th 04 04:31 PM