Help IDing 46-48 Chevy converible - Car.jpg (1/1)

Old October 15th 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Go-dot

Default Help IDing 46-48 Chevy converible - Car.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	103761
Old October 15th 07, 08:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

I'd make it a 46 or a 42 Chevrolet but with added chrome on the rear fender.

max

Old October 15th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Go-dot

Max, thanks very much for the help.

I didn't even check the 1942 models - I guess the fact that tehy might
be so similar to the 46-48 models never crossed my mind.

Given what I know about the photograph (among other things, on the
back is a hand written note about this 'old car') and the wartime
nature of the photo, I surmise that this is in fact a 1942 Chevy. It
might even be a goverment owned vehicle (note that all four young men
are in uniform, and none appear to be NCO's, which allows me to date
the photo from family notes to some time before 1943.) The extra trim
could be the result of wartime changes at the factory, or even a
result of repairs made after an accident with the trim pieces being
unavailable.

Again, thanks so much. This is ome more bit of data we can add to a
published memorial to my mother-in-laws first husband,

John

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:43:59 GMT, "MagisterMax"
> wrote:

>I'd make it a 46 or a 42 Chevrolet but with added chrome on the rear fender.
>
>max
>
>"Go-dot" <nospam@comcastnospamnet> wrote in message
.. .

Old October 15th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Frenk Govaars

Hi,

it looks like a desoto of 47 .
My father had one and it looks alike the same desoto.

Frenk

"Go-dot" <nospam@comcastnospamnet> schreef in bericht

Old October 15th 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

Hi John, Did you see Jonno's comment over on abpautos? He confirmed the
1942 and he's the resident Chevrolet expert.

Max

"Go-dot" <nospam@comcastnospamnet> wrote in message
> Max, thanks very much for the help.
>
> I didn't even check the 1942 models - I guess the fact that tehy might
> be so similar to the 46-48 models never crossed my mind.
>
> Given what I know about the photograph (among other things, on the
> back is a hand written note about this 'old car') and the wartime
> nature of the photo, I surmise that this is in fact a 1942 Chevy. It
> might even be a goverment owned vehicle (note that all four young men
> are in uniform, and none appear to be NCO's, which allows me to date
> the photo from family notes to some time before 1943.) The extra trim
> could be the result of wartime changes at the factory, or even a
> result of repairs made after an accident with the trim pieces being
> unavailable.
>
> Again, thanks so much. This is ome more bit of data we can add to a
> published memorial to my mother-in-laws first husband,
>
> John
>

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:43:59 GMT, "MagisterMax"
> > wrote:
>
>>I'd make it a 46 or a 42 Chevrolet but with added chrome on the rear
>>fender.
>>
>>max
>>
>>"Go-dot" <nospam@comcastnospamnet> wrote in message
. ..

Need help IDing 46-49 Chevy cabriolet Go-dot Auto Photos 17 October 16th 07 05:52 AM
Help IDing 46-48 Chevy converible - Car.jpg (0/1) Go-dot Old Timers Photos 0 October 15th 07 03:14 AM
IDing Indy Heads? CCC Dodge 0 January 3rd 07 06:16 PM
Need help IDing this part [email protected] Audi 0 July 28th 06 01:28 AM
Regarding previous post on 68 Converible/heavy resto or parts car fred67bug VW air cooled 1 March 6th 05 03:46 PM