Need recommendation for online source for Honda parts?

Old April 2nd 05, 07:35 PM

Default Need recommendation for online source for Honda parts?

There seems to be many companies and dealers that sell Honda parts
online, but I am looking for one that sells more than just the standard
stuff. For example, I need a replacement part for my 97 accord that is
a module consisting of a plastic framed piece with the integrated door
handle and power lock switch. I tried ordering it from my local Honda
dealer, but they don't have it in stock and can't tell me when it will
arrive. Plus, they won't give me the actualy Honda part # so I can buy
it somewhere else.
As my accord ages, I am buying more and more replacement components
since I do most of the workd myself and would like to find an online
source, rather than running to the dealer each time and playing these
games. Thanks

Old April 2nd 05, 08:22 PM
Steve W.

Welcome to reality. The fact is that many parts on most autos are and
will remain Dealer only items. Why? MONEY. Parts that normally wear out
and are replaced or parts that interchange with more than one model/make
will be sold through parts houses. Parts that do not normally wear out
and are model/make specific won't be since making/stocking/selling them
will cost more than they will return in profit.

-
Steve Williams

oups.com...

Old April 2nd 05, 09:41 PM
MAT

I find the exploded diagrams (appear to be factory) and completeness of:

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

and

www.slhonda.com

to be a tremendous asset for Honda owners. I've been getting parts from
Majestic for years with essentially no problems. I've gotten stuff ranging
from maintenance parts to a moonroof glass assembly, though once I ordered a
bumper skin to which they replied that they would not ship it, too big. But
in reference to your search about the little stuff, they'll have it but
sometimes it's not cheap, ie. a little plastic cubby in the dash can cost
$23! But I like having the option.

Does anybody know of any other OEM parts sites for other manufacturars with
the diagrams and granularity?? Particularly Toyota.

Old April 3rd 05, 04:47 AM
Randolph

> There seems to be many companies and dealers that sell Honda parts
> online, but I am looking for one that sells more than just the standard
> stuff. For example, I need a replacement part for my 97 accord that is
> a module consisting of a plastic framed piece with the integrated door
> handle and power lock switch. I tried ordering it from my local Honda
> dealer, but they don't have it in stock and can't tell me when it will
> arrive. Plus, they won't give me the actualy Honda part # so I can buy
> it somewhere else.
> As my accord ages, I am buying more and more replacement components
> since I do most of the workd myself and would like to find an online
> source, rather than running to the dealer each time and playing these
> games. Thanks

Someone else mentioned
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. Good store,
I have bought from them several times. I only have two complaint: From
you place the order until they actually ship the part takes several
days, and the part numbers on their site are their internal numbers, not
the Honda numbers. Their prices are good, though. Much lower than the
local (Northern California) dealer prices.

If you want to get Honda part numbers, use your favorite file sharing
software and search for "Honda EPC" (Electronic Parts Catalog). With any
luck you will find one relevant for your location (North America,
Europe, Asia etc.). The software has all the drawings (same as the ones
at hondaautomotiveparts) and all the OEM part numbers.

A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Old April 4th 05, 02:57 AM
SadaYama

Check this:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/... MT&catcgry5=

Old April 4th 05, 03:49 PM

Try http://www.car-part.com or your local U-pull-it junkyard. No reaon
to buy some of those parts you mentioned new. In fact used ones might
be better because at least there is a chance that the fading will match
the rest of the interior of your car (I'm specifically referring to the
interior plastic pieces you reference in the original post).